What Wheelbarrow?

growforest

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was fed up buying wheel barrow and came across these. We bought six of these 3 years ago. We've had 1 puncture and absolutely no other problems and they,ve been used for concrete, stone, soil, loaded by careless mini digger drivers, carried logs, tree butts, whacker plate, rootballed trees - all no problem. And they are still as good as they day we bought them - but at around £130 each plus Vat they'd need to be!

FRONTGATE UK - SiteBlazer - Heavy Duty Wheelbarrow

6a00e0099229e888330162fe26c5b9970d-320wi

This place never ceases to amaze me. It's like a giant Hive Mind, ready to go to work on any given subject. Ask a question and sit back. Go off and chop some firewood, eat your dinner, have a kip. Come back and the job's done. Brilliant. I could even come on here in a right state, chewing my last stale crust and get psychoanalysed enough that I would be running a major multinational by Wednesday week.

Hey, that Stein job is good but it's not a wheelbarrow. It's a trolley.

Trust the French to corner the barrow hearts and minds of this great nation. Where are our great stampers-out of wheelbarrows?

I didn't know I wanted to sit for an hour and read the history of the Chinese wheelbarrow until today. That three-foot wheel just isn't going to catch on. But maybe a barrow with a sail...?

Keep your thoughts coming: you know you have things you want to add. Don't feel it's not important. You've read this far!

Let's have pictures of your barrows at work. Let's see them grafting, earning their price tag.

Hi Sur,

but it taks a Norn Iron man to know a praper guid wheelbarrow there Gareth.

Mr Dyson please stand down.

PS

Anyone got tips to keep the Mrs. from "acquiring" my wheelbarrows for her gardening duties, mostly for long term storage solutions.

Spot on difflock. :thumbup1:

These barrow are built along the same lines as a mortar tub, very robust. I cut this picture from a larger one. I was so worried that someone would pinch them I got a stencil made and black spray painted our logo onto them.

5976632d21d78_Wheelbarrowwork.JPG.d81839af1976d3386b1f8b1b4e57f9b1.JPG

Paint em bright PINK.

Per the South Eastern Education board's policy (in the 1980's, I think?) of crudely brush painting all School owned VCR's and TV's JCB yellow, to discourage/prevent theft.

They looked hideous, but still worked and one presumes were hardly saleable if stolen.

Wherever did you get your new TV Mrs?:lol:

I liked that solution.