Clothing Waterproof

mowandgo

Hi all

After this terible wet year do you boys wear waterproofs. I have tryed them but I find cheap ones leak and get ripped snagged and fall to bits after a few hours and the more expensive do the same but in a few weeks. I find wax jackets mostley waterproof and very robust but very restrictive for working. Good for walking the dog but but bending down, jumping about, climbing ladders and crawling about in tight spaces not so good.

I am looking at the weather and see lots more snow/rain and need to get on so thinking its worth purchasing waterproof clothing but dont know where to start looking somthing like a wax but dont get snagged and in the way. Any Idears.........?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought cans of scotch gard and water repellent aerosols today, going to try them out on all my gear. Should prevent those awkward stains as well......

I think that could be a really good idea. On QI they had some sand that'd been sprayed with scotchguard, they put a load in a glass of water and spooned some back out, it was totally dry!! Also, a friend had some nano waterproof spray, he sprayed a t-shirt and then poured water over it and it all just beaded up and rolled off!!

I think that could be a really good idea. On QI they had some sand that'd been sprayed with scotchguard, they put a load in a glass of water and spooned some back out, it was totally dry!! Also, a friend had some nano waterproof spray, he sprayed a t-shirt and then poured water over it and it all just beaded up and rolled off!!

That's the idea I've got. Use the same principal on my shooting tweeds and my wife's musto buckdens, so see no reason why it shouldn't work on the rest of my stuff...:thumbup1: when I treat myself to some new saw trousers they'll get scotch garded before I wear them..... In my head this is a GOOD PLAN! :thumbup:

It'll be interesting to see the results fella! Would be ace never having to wear waterproofs again:thumbup:

I might do a little experiment with my existing trousers, treat one leg then let my kids turn the hose on me.... I'm sure they'd be up for that!:laugh1:

Maybe when it warms up...... :001_huh::thumbup1: