Tis the season to see Fungi, fa la la la la....

David Humphries

the ganos resinaceum rob:001_rolleyes:

Cheers Tony :thumbup:

I hadn't given a huge amount of thought to species other than it was a Ganoderma. I was half hungover from the wedding party the night before and wanted the shots before I left.

Now that I am thinking about it. resinaceum probably would have sprung to mind. Although I thought that resi was an annual bracket? Or is that lucidum? Mainly because of the previous seasons fruiting still being on the stem.

Cheers Tony :thumbup:

I hadn't given a huge amount of thought to species other than it was a Ganoderma. I was half hungover from the wedding party the night before and wanted the shots before I left.

Now that I am thinking about it. resinaceum probably would have sprung to mind. Although I thought that resi was an annual bracket? Or is that lucidum? Mainly because of the previous seasons fruiting still being on the stem.

Come on Rainford, you can do better than this:biggrin:

brackets, even annual ones may persist on or near the tree for at least till the following years fruiting.

Resinaceum and Lucidum are both annual Ganodermas

Come on Rainford, you can do better than this:biggrin:

brackets, even annual ones may persist on or near the tree for at least till the following years fruiting.

I said I'm a little rusty. I've not had much chance to keep myself in tune!

I understand that. I didn't expect it to be as well preserved as it was on the side.

I had found some old Fistulina brackets. They were next to the first tree in the set of pics. It would explain the different appearance of the stem. Although it seem that the features we were looking at on oaks last year were normally pushed up the stem but the burrs on that one are around the base even in the presence of competition from I. dryadeus.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376205582.386977.jpg.1177ce8d471419429dad41b2bfd90095.jpg

Perhaps worth adding G carnosum (valesiacum) to the list of annual fruiting Ganodermas, particularly as it can be relatively easily confused with both resi and lucidum

• 2 weeks later...