shooting season

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone would like to come over to the Sunshine State I can provide the game and no limit in my back yard. Seems over the last 50+ years Coyotes have been migrating further and further into North America. Over the last 8 months a certain pack has been increasing in numbers and vocalizations nearly every full moon cycle. The blood curling howling has awaken my self and my better half for the last time!. I am formally declaring all out war against these Vernon who are at the top of the food chain here and will kill and eat anything they can. Since the Coyote is an exotic invasive species extreme prejudice can and will be used to destroy these critters, on site. I am presently setting up a kill zone in my back yard since I really need my sleep and I will take no prisoners!.

easy-lift guy

Had a good beaters day monday.Bag was 65, but there was no shortage of birds.Gave my lad a few goes, and he shot a duck.I was pleased with my 10 or so good birds.

Beaters day at a different shoot tomorrow which is clashing with a days walked up elsewhere that i`m invited to.Bugger.

Been helping out as under keeper for the first time this year on any spare days off I have. 15 shoot days on that land and 4 on the in-laws farm. The big shoot has shown good number with a peak of 204 birds and a low point of 86 (beaters day was down at 48 birds but I wasn't going to count that one!) our little family shoot has done well on wild birds, we shot 76 mid season and stayed in the 40's for the other days so all good. It has been hard to keep on top of the feed this year as it has been so wet. We lost a good few birds through disease from wet grain etc. but any birds that did make it were good quality. Lookin forward to the end of season now so I can get out and hit the pigeons, causing havoc on the rape.

Safe shooting.

Yorkshireman, Shooting and or dealing with any exiotic and invasive species can be bizarre and I am glad that you don't have the problems with these creatures that we have. Of course No howling last night, them coyotes are pretty smart. Battle plan will be as follows. 1st secure 3 sets of motion sensor light in the Kill zone and allow the vermon to become accustom to the lights coming on and off for a week or Two.

2nd start to leave bait either dangling by nearby tree limb over kill area or on tray.

3rd, Take up position with lazer scope and AR-15 X 223 and make examples of said Vermon. Will post Pics as soon as mission is accomplished.

easy-lift guy