Making there own 'deal'

Lyncombe-climber

Though it wouldn't be very profitable to pay for standing timber from thinnings?

Still trying to work out if that's a serious reply or not? Isn't that how forestry has worked since people started planting trees for profit?

MAybe it's different round you but Hardwood thinnings seem to attract more cost standing than almost any other timber around us. To get a site in return for the timber usually means it's poor quality wood or an awkward site.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rite let me tell you how it is im a honest and fair person but will not be messed around!

i first met lyncombe-climber 3 or 4 months ago, he rang me and asked if id be intrested in felling some trees for the timber and i said id have a look. the trees in question where on a very steep slope with buildings very close by so not a qwick felling job and in the end i had to dismantile one of them. so we came to a deal of id fell the trees and take away just the timber and when that job was done we would look at a deal to do the rest of the woodland. so came to the end of the job just before christmas.

then over christmas i start geting the land owner ringing me up saying why havent you cleared all the brash up and this that and the other, i said it wasnt part of mine and lyncombe-climber deal and he said you 2 are in partnership arnt you and i said no? so it turns out lyncombe-climber has spun the land owner a big story that all the equipment ect that i was using to do the job which was mine was his and that i worked for him and so on and so on! so i explained the true situation and the land owner said i will deal with you from now on, and that was that he decided what he wanted to happen i didnt try go behind his back i just told the truth! now lyncombe-climber is trying to charge me £35m3 for the wood that was payment for the job!

rite let me tell you how it is im a honest and fair person but will not be messed around!

i first met lyncombe-climber 3 or 4 months ago, he rang me and asked if id be intrested in felling some trees for the timber and i said id have a look. the trees in question where on a very steep slope with buildings very close by so not a qwick felling job and in the end i had to dismantile one of them. so we came to a deal of id fell the trees and take away just the timber and when that job was done we would look at a deal to do the rest of the woodland. so came to the end of the job just before christmas.

then over christmas i start geting the land owner ringing me up saying why havent you cleared all the brash up and this that and the other, i said it wasnt part of mine and lyncombe-climber deal and he said you 2 are in partnership arnt you and i said no? so it turns out lyncombe-climber has spun the land owner a big story that all the equipment ect that i was using to do the job which was mine was his and that i worked for him and so on and so on! so i explained the true situation and the land owner said i will deal with you from now on, and that was that he decided what he wanted to happen i didnt try go behind his back i just told the truth! now lyncombe-climber is trying to charge me £35m3 for the wood that was payment for the job!

:fight:

this is exactly why it is always best to get everything down on paper no mater how well you get on or even good friends . I regularly work for firms that claim that all the kit is theirs and that im only one of the men !!!! its great as i dont get the crap or the bad name when/if they screw up .

anyway this particularly is something best to be dealt with behind closed doors and without being hindered by the tinterweb.

Hope you guys can get it sorted and get past it !!