Botex 570 onto N series Valtra Thoughts?

LGP Eddie

This is the t170 with 570tl I drive at moment handling rather large redwood and a t160 with 570tl handling some heavy oak a few years ago.

Prefer the longer reach of the 570 and haven't noticed any less lift close in than the 560 but as said watch your pipes.

Years ago I used a 4pot valtra with a forestaria crane on top and found it very wobbly even with ballasted wheels and rim weights and a huge block on the front. I'd always go 6pot, stability over maneuverability any day, if you're in a tight space folding up the grab bar on the front can help.

sent while pretending to do something important on my mobile.

1396558209078.jpg.b8ab770a3605f5764d7e7f9af23d53c5.jpg

1396558161018.jpg.c97efda47ff769c55fe5ee8d10f7ab96.jpg

1396558086636.jpg.3cad63ee4aea2cb27f4acf3f705e1f03.jpg

1396558051927.jpg.34e65a5e5f227d434f37b26366251432.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all horses for courses and if money were no object I'd certainly have Caledonian Forestry well up there on my list of candidates along with AC Price.

However love or hate them Botex offer a brilliant package at the price?

Trying the new control setup really convinced me, as coming from Excavators, a row of levers is from the dark ages!

As for the Jake, it's a brilliant setup but I do fear that it may limit some implements, and extended link arms etc isn't something I'd want to get into?

The Reach/Power debate is in the Stihl/Husky league, but for myself reach is what I require and the 580 will still lift a decent amount.

For me it was simply a choice of 'N' with 570 or a 'T' with 580?

The 'N' is out because they simply don't make a 200hp version and the 'T' seems to be hardly any compromise in reality.

Anyone thought of a crane on a Reverse Drive CVT Case base unit?

Eddie.

It's all horses for courses and if money were no object I'd certainly have Caledonian Forestry well up there on my list of candidates along with AC Price.

However love or hate them Botex offer a brilliant package at the price?

Trying the new control setup really convinced me, as coming from Excavators, a row of levers is from the dark ages!

As for the Jake, it's a brilliant setup but I do fear that it may limit some implements, and extended link arms etc isn't something I'd want to get into?

The Reach/Power debate is in the Stihl/Husky league, but for myself reach is what I require and the 580 will still lift a decent amount.

For me it was simply a choice of 'N' with 570 or a 'T' with 580?

The 'N' is out because they simply don't make a 200hp version and the 'T' seems to be hardly any compromise in reality.

Anyone thought of a crane on a Reverse Drive CVT Case base unit?

Eddie.

Have the levers changed?

Have the levers changed?

I just think there's now the mini electric joystick option I tried as well as previous offerings?

I've never operated one before but it had great feel and was very intuitive, so much so I would have been happy to take it straight to work.

Obviously more expense and complications, but a long shift at standard levers chipper loading or the like would be pretty uncomfortable, and once you've used a decent setup like my excavators there's no going back.

Eddie.

I just think there's now the mini electric joystick option I tried as well as previous offerings?

I've never operated one before but it had great feel and was very intuitive, so much so I would have been happy to take it straight to work.

Obviously more expense and complications, but a long shift at standard levers chipper loading or the like would be pretty uncomfortable, and once you've used a decent setup like my excavators there's no going back.

Eddie.

Ok, am about to have a Botex fitted to an N series