Petrol log splitter help

testcricket01

Hi all i was splitting away on my little 8 ton petrol splitter and got to a hard knarly bit it struggled then finally popped through the ring sent both halfs flying, but now the machine wont split the knife will go down and up fine but theres no power in it as soon as it hits anything it stops dead just wondering what should i check, my theory is it must have built up so much pressure in the hoses etc its split a hose? Havent had a chance to look at it yet but what should i check for cheers

It must be a ram seal by the sounds of it havent had a proper look yet planning on a good look over it tomorow tonight just went to look at the hoses there under the machine all in tack no leaks no oil stains anywhere in sight. To check the ram will be a hell of a job getting to that i shall give it ago tomorow if i get time cheers guys

So got a chance yesterday to take a quick look at it but im far from a machanic i no what things do what bit is what but dont now how they should work etc just the very basics. Heres a couple of pics. I checked all the pipes hoses And connections no leaks no oil anywhere leaking looked at the bottom of the ram where the hoses connect no sign of leaks i ran it for 5/10 mins up and down and checked again no signs of a leak so not sure what the next step would be?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357421013.151613.jpg.ec8079d83a7995406ff8073be01d2684.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357421029.116485.jpg.a116b3df46a48ea344e0581b31398323.jpg

the exact thing happened to my machine, so if its roughly the same it should be a quick fix.

the rod/bar that runs down the main arm needs adjusting to get the right pressure back as a really knotty piece can knock the pressure valve out, i suppose its to stop the ram seals from going pop. it will take a bit of trail and error to get the pressure right but it should do the trick. hope this helps

the exact thing happened to my machine, so if its roughly the same it should be a quick fix.

the rod/bar that runs down the main arm needs adjusting to get the right pressure back as a really knotty piece can knock the pressure valve out, i suppose its to stop the ram seals from going pop. it will take a bit of trail and error to get the pressure right but it should do the trick. hope this helps

Cheers ill give it ago, i take it you mean the shiney metal rod that runs inbetween the engine and ram? How did you adjust it?

Cheers