where to get replacement silky handles?!?

arbmark

• 10 months later...

Hi Mark,

Did you have any luck getting your replacement Silky handle? I lost mine too, so I also just have a spare blade and a scabbard. There is a place in the USA that sells the handle and the nuts and bolts separately but the postage was $150 for items that cost just over $20! Surely someone somewhere in Europe sells the parts?

All the best

John

Could you make a handle from a nice piece of wood ? I've made axe, hatchet and knife handles for a lot of my tools and it gives them a nice individual crafted look. Ash, Beech or Oak are good materials or I got some exotic woods and a bit of Buffalo horn from an online supplier for a change.

Could you make a handle from a nice piece of wood ? I've made axe, hatchet and knife handles for a lot of my tools and it gives them a nice individual crafted look. Ash, Beech or Oak are good materials or I got some exotic woods and a bit of Buffalo horn from an online supplier for a change.

Yes I've made a couple a currently making one out on walnut with hornbeam insert, to break up the shape of the handle and give it a lil something extra

Dropped the gomtaro somewhere the other day and am left with the scabbard and a spare blade! So all i need is the handle - any one found a place to get them? I expect they are the most expensive part but hey....

cheers

mark

I left the scabbard on the step of the truck and lost that so I need a scabbard !

I left the scabbard on the step of the truck and lost that so I need a scabbard !

Ha ha just seen this thread, another of my tumbleweed strewn offerings! Luckily i found the saw much later on, now the scabbard is worn so the saw never stays it. Moved onto sugois since too...but to answer the questions, no i never found a source for replacements and stubby you wouldnt want it!

Getting the bolts must be tricky as ideally they need to be snug in the tang holes