Why is work so hard to find?

chipper080

I also get the feeling that you may be the type of guy who sees "obstacles" as un passable brick walls! Every time you hit an obstacle make it you're challenge to find the way to get passed it and not just turn away from it. I mite have you wrong and it's hard to say by going on the posts you have made so please don't be offended if I'm wrong.

I think it would be a really good idea to post all of you're achievements on here at the end of every day up until you get a job: today I rang 2 companies and said this and today I bought myself a push bike so I'm now mobile..... That sort of thing.

it will be great learning material for others in the same situation and also it will give you the drive to get things done knowing that if you slide into a sorry state of negative thinking then people on here will give you stick for it!!

All negatives have a hidden positive an example in ure situation is:

negative= I live bloody miles away and have no car

Positive= I cycle 40 miles a day to carry out my daily work which means I am highly motivated, willing to do what it takes to get things done and as fit as a fiddle.

Negative= I live in a antisocial village where it's every man for himself and know body wants to help me.

Positive: I have been brought up in a non urban environment where work is tough and I have learnt to get by by graft and survival of the fittest, I do not spend my time drinking my evenings away in the local boozer with the village idiots as instead I spend my time in the evening when it is to dark to be out looking for work on the Internet researching and looking for the advise I need to get my feet back on the ground and into work...

Good luck mate and il be looking out for you're posts to see how youre getting on.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not in chagford i am just as well to walk as no one will lend anything here.

Plus i was going to make enquires in getting funding to take car test with job centre in morning.

friends are slim around here as not in pub every night.

off to bed now and get up early to make calls.

HI MIKE im sorry mate to have to say this BUT YOU NEED TO READ SOME OF SILKY/PAULS POST that he has done mike im sorry to have to say it just keep your head up mate and all the best mike jon :thumbup:

Mate of mine got made redundant at 41 after the company he worked for lost a major contract. Then he had a motorbike accident and broke some ribs. Instead of sitting on his backside complaining about how the world was against him he got off said backside, holed up at my place for a few days while he checked out the job scene in my neck of the woods (about 450kms from his home) and looked at rental properties. There was no work going in Auckland and he lived out in the wopwops so travel was costing him an arm and a leg. It took him 4 weeks to give notice, find a rental in Taupo and move down on the promise of next to naff all work. When he got down here he rang everyone he could find in the book for work. I gave him a few leads in the forestry and Arb, he rang nurseries, truck driving outfits, landscapers, farms and everything in between. He worked, complete with semi healed ribs, just to feed himself.He still doesn't have a full time job but just about manages to live from week to week working a day for one outfit and a day for another.

My point is; if there's no work where you are, move. If you can't find a job doing what you want, stack shelves, sweep floors, do whatever to bring some money in while you try further afield for a more suitable position. Silky fox on here is a prime example of how to do it. He kept a positive outlook, cycled to work and bust his backside to find work rather than sat complaining about how nobody would give him a break. He works a long way from home but has realised that needs must and just got on with it. His attitude has made him many friends a long the way I dare say. And get yourself a driving licence. 33 with no licence and no money for one? Surely you can make 50 quid doing some kind of menial job?

Sorry to be harsh but so far most of the posts have just come across as complaining and I wouldn't be keen on taking on someone that comes across in that way. When I lived in England I was based just north of Leicester but the only place I could find work was North Wales so I moved. Check out the rest of the country and see what's on offer.

Edited by Taupotreeman

I've dipped in and out of this and the only comment I have is that I think people should remember Silky Fox is/was a qualified and very experienced climber.

I have enjoyed his thread like many but I think whenever some "greenhorn" comes on asking or bemoning the work situation people point to His Foxness and say "you wanna be a bit more like him!" or "crawl to work on your belly if need be!" (being a bit facetious there)

This is no reflection on the OP but I think their situations are very different.

Just a thought:001_smile:

I have found out information today that could give me a boost back into work.

I think it was my fault as looking at it the wrong way round i found out who to take my car test with and do all the test in one week and i can get help with doing a business plan and the advertising of it.

Feel better now as made some phone calls to find potential work and it is looking better then expected.

And if need be they will help organise it for me to get more tickets i will have to pay but they will set it up for me.

I could get financial help with it but wish to pay for it my self as things are looking up just a little.

Edited by chipper080