isuzu trooper 3.0td

miker

anybody run one of these? whats the mpg like , problem areas ? cheers

iv had 5 troopers i have loved all of them & hated them aswell (there bloody expensive on parts & i`m good at driving em hard & breaking them!!!)

1x an old old 2.8td ran it for 18 months no real probs!

3x the good old 3.1td have run them for 6 years nothing out the ordinary gone wrong for age condition & what used for!

1x 3.0td ran for 1 year

i have always used the troopers for towing 3.5 ton trailers normally fully loaded so can not comment on a great fuel economy as i`v always worked em hard!!! 25 mpg on a good day down hill with a tail wind:001_tongue:

i had a couple of probs with the 3 litre it was 4 years old when i got it & both were factory recalls so were sorted foc even though it was not under warranty one was fuel system & other electrical should have all been sorted by now!!!!

if anything the 3l was a little under powered compared to the 3.1 but it is not too noticable

problem areas rot on inner sills & on chassis near rear suspension & the lower ball joints go on em & are very expensive to buy & a bitch to fit

apart from that just check it over like any other truck you would be looking to buy!!!:thumbup1:

I know a few people who have had them, and they all had problems with the injectors failing, some stoped working and got a misfire, other`s carryed on running out but leaked excess fuel into the sump, which thined the oil then then engine seized.

thats what happened to mine it would run ok from cold but when hot normally on motorway it would start to miss fire & fart about it would keep going & get you off at the next junction let it cool down & carry on took it down isuzu dealer & they just put it straight in the workshop & sorted it out got it back next dinnertime they even did a couple of other jobs that were factory recalls but can not remeber what they were now!!!!!

my iveco & disco td5 both put diesel into the oil you can smell it on the dipstick when you check oil level!!!:thumbdown:

i have a 3.1 bouncy drive i hate it especially now its sat outside with clutch problems.

Give me a disco or defender anytime :)

clutch is a night mare its engine out job as its easier to get the lump out than it is to get the gear box out!!!:thumbup1:

i learnt that the hard way!!!:thumbdown:

for what its worth if you can find one at right price get a toyota hilux good truck.

stear clear of nissan d22 unless had new engine blows no 4 piston out through side of engine d40 not heard much good about them.

toyota not a bad word for them. if i got a new second hand truck i would have one