pics

Could possibly say mate without seeing it in the flesh and having a go/ testing it. I am not an engineer, far from it, but if I was to try and emulate a product on the market, which has had extensive design and testing. I would have made my copy a bit closer to their design.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so why is my desighn wrong !??

The top strap has no purpose.

Also if you look at where the strap is connected to the GRCS and Hobbs you can see they've created a design that is far more stable than yours and also helps dissipate the load through the lowering device into the tree as I said before.

Good design engineering is critical when your dealing with the potentially huge forces being created when rigging.

Why dont you just create a new baseplate similar to the GRCS and Hobbs? those 2 devices are the best you can get, if your gonna make homemade versions of recognised designs then why not do it properly?

Unless you think your designs are an improvement on the GRCS and Hobbs?

Edited by scotspine1
edit

sorry mate i dont understand you make up the number or where do i get a number from ?

surely you dont just make one up ?

Just incorporate it into whatever numbers you are using for LOLER, surely you have had to mark a rope or biner before now?

If not just make something up use your initials followed by 001 then 002 etc

Also if you look at where the strap is connected to the GRCS and Hobbs you can see they've created a design that is far more stable than yours and also helps dissipate the load through the lowering device into the tree as I said before.

Good design engineering is critical when your dealing with the potentially huge forces being created when rigging.

Why dont you just create a new baseplate similar to the GRCS and Hobbs? those 2 devices are the best you can get, if your gonna make homemade versions of recognised designs then why not do it properly?

:thumbup1:

Also if you look at where the strap is connected to the GRCS and Hobbs you can see they've created a design that is more far more stable than yours and also helps dissipate the load through the lowering device into the tree as I said before.

SP1, you put it so much better than I.

have you done any drop testing with the straps in place? using just one strap and both? proper drop tests, not just using at work. are the straps designed to be pulled upwards or are they just normal load binding straps? i know a climber got seriously injured in OZ the other week when the strap failed and the device flew up and hit him.

Im not having a go, just enquiring as id hate to hear of a groundie or climber getting hurt.. best of luck with it :)

Just incorporate it into whatever numbers you are using for LOLER, surely you have had to mark a rope or biner before now?

If not just make something up use your initials followed by 001 then 002 etc

yeah ive done all that anyway it has a number the loler man gave it when my rigging gear got checked is that what you meant ?:thumbup1:

have you done any drop testing with the straps in place? using just one strap and both? proper drop tests, not just using at work. are the straps designed to be pulled upwards or are they just normal load binding straps? i know a climber got seriously injured in OZ the other week when the strap failed and the device flew up and hit him.

Im not having a go, just enquiring as id hate to hear of a groundie or climber getting hurt.. best of luck with it :)

yeah i understand ive put a tonne on it droped a good load on it its been fine i have 2 10 tonne straps on it .it works best with both :thumbup1: