Negri 225 tracked

treedweller

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive got the pto version (R220 - now the R225), picked it up 2nd hand for about a grand in good nick. Its only a single roller feed, so the spring needs to be changed regularly and roller kept sharp.

The intake area at the bottom of the chute is quite small, but so long as the brash is reasonably well prepped there isnt usually a problem with jamming. New blades are about 100 a pop (each), but seem to hold an excellent edge.

Handy little gardeners/small estate machine. good access for greasing, blade changing etc.

Whats the build quality like on them?? Their sounding like a good option so long they can be had for the right money. Abbey have the road tow version up for £7300 but thats the billy basic model with the 13hp honda. The "EVO" version with the 15hp honda, bigger hopper and anti stress will no doubt be a good deal more and the self propelled will most likely be silly money. I don't think they will be the type of thing to come up used very often either. But yeah TW and GreenMech take note!!!

With a CS100 around £4500 and a light plant trailer around a £1000 I think this combination takes some beating. I just can't imagine working with a chipper of 13-15hp that also auto-feeds. We'd be queing up to feed it rather than running to keep up with dragging brash. I've got my CS100 up for sale on a site called 'Le Bon Coin' but so far the only responses to my advert have been from the Ivory Coast wanting to send me a deposit...nice.:001_rolleyes:

Ty

It not about capacity its about being able to manouver a chipper around a domestic garden without leaving it looking like a battle field. 90% of my work is domestic I don't want a big out fit with big gear and big overheads. I'm a bit bigger than a one man band but smaller than your average arb company and I do well out of firewood in the winter. It's enough for me to live comfortably. So buying a chipper that's the top of its game in that size bracket is more where I'm at. I could buy a fasttrac and a bandit x90 for less than 10k but then I'd be chipping good firewood lol. The other thing I like about these Negri choppers is it produces fine chips and I'm looking into getting a 10mm pellet mill which mean the chips wouldn't need to go through a hammer mill first.

It not about capacity its about being able to manouver a chipper around a domestic garden without leaving it looking like a battle field. 90% of my work is domestic I don't want a big out fit with big gear and big overheads. I'm a bit bigger than a one man band but smaller than your average arb company and I do well out of firewood in the winter. It's enough for me to live comfortably. So buying a chipper that's the top of its game in that size bracket is more where I'm at.

Yup, thats my mate Duncan all right.

Everybody here keeps their wood, its a kind of Breton obsession.

I know where your coming from on this.

Ty