How many Arbtalkers are AA members

jaime bray

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will explain, during my experiences and conversations worldwide 90% know who the ISA are but only 20% know the AA

Ermm without stating the obvious, ISA is an international organisation whereas AA is national....so those figures are hardly relevant unless you're planning on doing a few quotes in the states anytime soon :biggrin:

Report them to the AA then.

I think it is better to be shouting and asking questions from the inside where you might get heard, than shout from the outside.

I did as many of you are stayed on the outside for many years but believe me there is a will within the AA to listen and adapt.

Appreciate your response :001_tongue: I'm trading standards approved which does police background checks,insurance,qualifications,10 random recent customers independently asked to provide a review, conform to the sale of goods and services act, and many other things which ensure the customer receives a good service a fair price and they can take action should I not perform my job as stated in the quote.

Here's more info it may be useful

T.H. Tree Services Local Authority & Trading Standards Approved | Essex Tree Surgeon

I have seen AA approved company's and its amazing would you believe when the AA inspector is no longer there standards drop just a tad, but of course this is just my own experience :biggrin:

But my point was not to offend or negatively criticise the AA, just highlight clear and fundamental faults which affect its usefulness, ie you may be the best of the best but if you wave in the dark it won't do much

With all due respect do your customers know what a quality job is ? IME they know about customer service, and how tidy their garden is at the end of the day. Do they understand the technical aspect of your quote? How your finished product fits the description ?

As for slipping standards post accreditation that is more about the person running the company than the AA. You have your standards regardless of the AACs and you set those standards and adhere to them, it shows your commitment to quality but who validates that?

Report shoddy work. If this was done that will put pressure on maintaining standards.

Dont get me wrong I am not having a dig. I run a small business which is not approved and our pruning work is better than most of my local AA contractors, but i am working towards getting accredited as I believe it will ad to the credibility of my business and set me apart from my competitors.

Rant over

Arbtalk and the AA could not be more different, there is no comparison.

Arbtalk is about sharing information, its about the hundreds of different ways of doing things.

The AA is about telling people what they must do and how they must do it.

The point to be taken was not that they were similiar it was had the AA set up arbtalk would it be so successfull with near on 25500 members as it is now. There will always be doubters and it is upto people who are doubted to show there worth.

Have you ever or are you a member skyhuck? How could the AA gain your support and membership?

Thanks.

With all due respect do your customers know what a quality job is ? IME they know about customer service, and how tidy their garden is at the end of the day. Do they understand the technical aspect of your quote? How your finished product fits the description ?

As for slipping standards post accreditation that is more about the person running the company than the AA. You have your standards regardless of the AACs and you set those standards and adhere to them, it shows your commitment to quality but who validates that?

Report shoddy work. If this was done that will put pressure on maintaining standards.

Dont get me wrong I am not having a dig. I run a small business which is not approved and our pruning work is better than most of my local AA contractors, but i am working towards getting accredited as I believe it will ad to the credibility of my business and set me apart from my competitors.

Rant over

Do your customers ?. Do they know what the AA logo even is ?. It won't set you apart it will mean you have an extra logo on your truck :thumbup: reputation will set you apart.

I guess my point if I had one was there are better options available depending on what you do and for 99% of the companies I know being AA approved would matter very little to zero.

What we should be asking is what can the AA do for the company or arborist, what real benefits are there ?.