What to do for business?

Vertigo Arb Ltd

Hello,

Recently have been granted full access to a large yard in Essex. I have lots of access to wood since I am a tree surgeon. Plus the farm that the yard is in is massive with lots of woodland and I'm very friendly with the farmer and he will let me clear fallen and dangerous trees in exchange for doing some work for him. So the question I am asking is what do you think I should do? I have a 8ton log splitter already so I want to do logs but should I just sell to the public or should I buy wood in and make kindling and bulk sell or make sacks of logs and kindling and sell to shops an petrol stations and other wood sellers? I just don't know what to do really. I have a full time job but have lots of time and of course am passionate about this so will put everything into it. Looking forward to your responses.

As a business I would use the wood you have access for for logs etc as there is no financial outlay, buying in could mean you buy in and then get stuck with the stuf if can't sell.

Just ensure you don't do too much work in return for the yard etc.

On the whole the yard an timber is god send, I sure you will get lots of help with this topic.

As a business I would use the wood you have access for for logs etc as there is no financial outlay, buying in could mean you buy in and then get stuck with the stuf if can't sell.

Just ensure you don't do too much work in return for the yard etc.

On the whole the yard an timber is god send, I sure you will get lots of help with this topic.

Yeah defiantly was just going to sell to private with a little website but wasn't sure if there was a bigger opportunity available somewhere. Thinking of having the yard a self service centre for people if they want firewood or kindling.

If you have a huge shed, loads of wood, access to kit.

I would just split split split , pile it up and advertise for both.

An artic load may be less coin in your hand but a lot less driving about for deliveries and less customers to deal with.

Good luck:thumbup1:

Think your right as I have dabbled in it before just didnt know how to get my log nets into shops or petrol stations! Going to

Do it the old fashion way and ask!

I would forget about kindling and petrol stations for the mean time and sell dumpy bag loads and truck loads. Put an advert in your local rag perhaps. Alot of people wanting logs these days. Once you get going you could then look at kindling and netted logs for petrol stations etc. I imagine you would need a processor for netted logs and kindling to make it financialy viable, where as dumpy and truck loads you can use your splitter and axe. Good luck.

I would forget about kindling and petrol stations for the mean time and sell dumpy bag loads and truck loads. Put an advert in your local rag perhaps. Alot of people wanting logs these days. Once you get going you could then look at kindling and netted logs for petrol stations etc. I imagine you would need a processor for netted logs and kindling to make it financialy viable, where as dumpy and truck loads you can use your splitter and axe. Good luck.

Cheers mate appreciate the advice.