What to do for business?

Vertigo Arb Ltd

If you have a huge shed, loads of wood, access to kit.

I would just split split split , pile it up and advertise for both.

An artic load may be less coin in your hand but a lot less driving about for deliveries and less customers to deal with.

Good luck:thumbup1:

How much do you think an artic load of split logs would sell for?

Welcome to the forum..you would be very close to Brentwood fireplaces just off the Ongar road,it's been well noted on here that stove suppliers can be an invaluable outlet if you can make the right impression with the owner leave him some samples/prices and your enthusiasm.

Ensure him the quality of the wood your able to supply him / his current / existing stove users and how locally sourced it is etc..

You could find yourself building quite a large round very quickly,so make sure that you have enough wood ready and available as to let no one down.

Your in a great location of townies semi-rural houses and rural farmsteads.

Sounds like you've got a great opportunity there and yes there is always lot of competition around but you've just got to find your niche in the market.

I wish you the best of luck.

Chris.

I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum..you would be very close to Brentwood fireplaces just off the Ongar road,it's been well noted on here that stove suppliers can be an invaluable outlet if you can make the right impression with the owner leave him some samples/prices and your enthusiasm.

Ensure him the quality of the wood your able to supply him / his current / existing stove users and how locally sourced it is etc..

You could find yourself building quite a large round very quickly,so make sure that you have enough wood ready and available as to let no one down.

Your in a great location of townies semi-rural houses and rural farmsteads.

Sounds like you've got a great opportunity there and yes there is always lot of competition around but you've just got to find your niche in the market.

I wish you the best of luck.

Chris.

I

Thanks chris, great advice. As I said I think in January I'm going to start processing wood build a little empire and start a cash and carry firewood yard for the public and also try and get involved with brentwood burners of course. That's a great idea. Plus my grandad used to supply them there wood :thumbup1:

I was thinking about arctic loads for less hassle. 26 tons of hardwood will be easy but then all of the hassle with the trucks and loading etc. I should be deliving the wood aswell of course but I don't have a truck yet :/

Do you sell logs in Essex chris?

Cheers

Thanks chris, great advice. As I said I think in January I'm going to start processing wood build a little empire and start a cash and carry firewood yard for the public and also try and get involved with brentwood burners of course. That's a great idea. Plus my grandad used to supply them there wood :thumbup1:

I was thinking about arctic loads for less hassle. 26 tons of hardwood will be easy but then all of the hassle with the trucks and loading etc. I should be deliving the wood aswell of course but I don't have a truck yet :/

Do you sell logs in Essex chris?

Cheers

Yes I do sell in Essex but I'm very small and wholesale to one farm shop and a dozen or so regulars and thats as much as i want really,mine is a sideline which developed through word of mouth etc..

Once your up and running I would be happy to forward any new customers your way as I'm often unable to take on more business.

If you can get the customers to your yard as you suggest you would save yourself so much time and money it would be a massive bonus.

By the way I don't do nets I just do trailer loads tipped and occasional bulk bags.

Regarding article loads I've read that's there's so many people that don't have sufficient access for artics and there's guys on here that supply 26t and they have a good reputation too.

I know nothing about this subject or whether theres enough money in it but I honestly think from reading on here that there's a market for cord being sold in smaller quantities purely from the lorry access situation.

Chris.

Ah fantastic that sounds great, ill PM you my details tomorrow because that would be handy but won't be open for business untill next season most likely although I do a bit now.

Yeah could be a little niche there selling 7.5t loads of even 3.5t loads.

Yes we'll this is the plan, and we have a road going in a loop from the outside road through the middle of the yard past the log pile and right outside again so it's perfect for a self serve centre!

Let the good times roll hopefully :thumbup: