Is this really a police matter???

skyhuck

I thought suicide was illegal

If someone's actions cause someone to take their own life surely it's inevitable the police will want to talk to those involved, not implying they are wholly responsible but the poor woman would have had to live with that for the rest of her life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not since the middle of the 20th century.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought suicide was illegal

If someone's actions cause someone to take their own life surely it's inevitable the police will want to talk to those involved, not implying they are wholly responsible but the poor woman would have had to live with that for the rest of her life.

Lived with what?????:confused1:

She did nothing wrong, she followed the hospitals protocols, if any one is at fault its those who set the protocols.

She did nothing wrong, she followed the hospitals protocols, if any one is at fault its those who set the protocols.

Yeah but can you imagine living with people knowing you fell for the prank. The loss in trust by her superiors etc etc etc.

I'm not aware of the details but I believe the hospital described the prank as humiliating for her,

I'm not aware of the details but I believe the hospital described the prank as humiliating for her,

She only took the call and passed it on to another nurse who then gave an update of Kate's condition.

As I stated in my OP, the NHS require passwords to confirm they a speaking to a genuine relative. The fact that a private hospital does not have such protocols in place, especially when dealing with such VIP's is bonkers, but that not down to staff, is a management problem.

Do we know that she wasn't supposed to ask for a password or other security check?

Well the hospital said she was not disciplined in anyway, surly if she had made such a huge breach of protocol some action would have been taken.

As usual the media have turned a non event into a circus.

No one is to blame, it's just an unhappy coincidence. She can't have topped herself because of the prank call, and if she did, she was clearly unstable and needed help before this happened.

I have no sympathy for suicides, coward's way out. How could she do that to her children? Disgusting act of selfishness.

As usual the media have turned a non event into a circus.

No one is to blame, it's just an unhappy coincidence. She can't have topped herself because of the prank call, and if she did, she was clearly unstable and needed help before this happened.

I have no sympathy for suicides, coward's way out. How could she do that to her children? Disgusting act of selfishness.

:thumbup: agree.