It's Quad Bike Time Again

It's the little leccy gizmo that activates the gears from the electrical system, on the front of the box. It's a clip on/unclip part. Moisture enters it and the computer flashes up a fault signal. The only way to reset it is to switch off and re start, some times it will clear, others it will just be a continual fault until its replaced. It's on the TRX500ES I've been straight through to Honda about it as its so frustrating, saying that the current one is doing really well. It's a good system as you say, when it works.

PS the correct name for the part is Angle sensor, not sender unit, my son has just corrected me.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummm read back a couple of posts, I already said this :biggrin: I suppose that it's not their fault, they're just fitters these days, a part fails, replace it with another part, no preventative measures, as it doesn't generate sales of more parts.

some can not even replace the part, we had a front limited slid diff inners wear (cams and cam fallower) and due to being at uni i could not get assambled in time as other things came up, so sent it to the dealer it tock them 6 weeks to finding out what was worn (it would scream you in the face) new limited slip diff assembly need, and they could not turn the bike when we got it back lol and it failed 2 day later as we needed it and we still ot got it back and they first had it in Augest :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

they must not be able to use dial gauge engineers blue micrometer

Edited by NI Tree

i got a friend who deals in second hand quads here in somerset. tis mainly hondas that he has although he does get others.

i tried a polaris 550 sportsman the other day and By god does that thing shift!!!

hydrostatic, 0-96kmh in no time at all.

When I was selling Honda they laid on a dealer day at Highclere castle with all our competitor bikes. Everyone loved the Polaris, so much so that all the dealer staff had to do an ATV safety course afterwards! Grown men riding it like they stole it!

i got a friend who deals in second hand quads here in somerset. tis mainly hondas that he has although he does get others.

i tried a polaris 550 sportsman the other day and By god does that thing shift!!!

hydrostatic, 0-96kmh in no time at all.

I get the use of a Polaris sportsman 500 but it's had it's share of problems and it's maybe six months old. But they are fleet kind and make you smile. Use it for pulling the chipper/flail mower and a bigish roller