If you want to save your own life and the life of those you love....

Tony Croft aka hamadryad

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our time is up when our time is up! Simples we don't get to decided when or who or how, it happens! It a always has happened! Even the smallest of micro living organisms live and inevitably die! It's the way it's been since way before time began.

Now sitting there pondering, contemplating on thinking about thinking is going to get you nowhere telling everyone about it is going to get you nowhere! Even having a voice and preaching about it??? Will still get you nowhere!

Why????? Because to many people believe in living for now! To many people believe that my first sentence is all but 100% true, people believe that one day they will have there mortgage paid or or own that car they always wanted even take the holiday that they have worked so hard to enjoy!

Do you know what I believe????

I believe that when the earth is ready she will let us know how she feels! She will let us see how she feels! Hear how she feels! It's just a shame none of us on the forum or in the next 5000 years will ever get to see, hear or feel any of it!

It's so sad to see some people argue over who's right and who's wrong when it comes to saving the planet because at the end of the day the truth is we can't! WHY?

Because we're to dammed selfish that's why!

Woah there big boy.... lot of exclamation marks there.....!

I'm with you on this one, don't worry about what you can't stop, just do your bit quietly so you can live with a clean conscience, that's the best we can hope for. We don't have long here, might as well enjoy it....!

True that we are greedy Adam, but also lazy.

The most simple thing we could do is to stop the big global companies poisoning the food chain.

There is little chance of this happening as it hasn't really been on the telly yet.

It takes being on the telly to get people to believe things. TV journalists are just now getting up to speed with the arguments around climate change but still don't really get it.

So there is about a twenty year lag time for TV journalists to come anywhere near getting up to speed on these things. The poisoning of food hasn't really begun on the telly, so it isn't happening is it.

True that we are greedy Adam, but also lazy.

The most simple thing we could do is to stop the big global companies poisoning the food chain.

There is little chance of this happening as it hasn't really been on the telly yet.

It takes being on the telly to get people to believe things. TV journalists are just now getting up to speed with the arguments around climate change but still don't really get it.

So there is about a twenty year lag time for TV journalists to come anywhere near getting up to speed on these things. The poisoning of food hasn't really begun on the telly, so it isn't happening is it.

To be honest mate I don't watch a lot of telly, I don't read a lot of news papers either, the reason behind this IMO and I do state this my honest opinion, they talk more crap than the people we put in charge of the country, wait a minute ok maybe not that much crap but they do dribble!

Lazy??? Come on mate we are buy no means lazy if anything we are miles to active and I'm not talking everyone's individual excise or will to do something about something! I'm talking about what we have achieved how far technology has come, pharmaceuticals, ect!

We stopped evolving physicly years ago, but mentally we evolve every day.

The damage is done though so what ever or how much we evolve just does not matter, you could even say we will be the victim of our own success!

:001_smile:

Fair enough Adam ...over a geological time scale we have been quite busy...but I'm sat on the sofa right now watching the telly..:001_smile:

Pharmaceutical companies are amongst the bad boys by the way. Smith Klein Beecham was a major lobbyist in the patenting of the human genome..don't you know:001_smile:

This is quite late for Arbtalk by the way...oh yeah it's Friday and I just turned 53 ...bollocks:001_smile:

Fair enough Adam ...over a geological time scale we have been quite busy...but I'm sat on the sofa right now watching the telly..:001_smile:

Pharmaceutical companies are amongst the bad boys by the way. Smith Klein Beecham was a major lobbyist in the patenting of the human genome..don't you know:001_smile:

This is quite late for Arbtalk by the way...oh yeah it's Friday and I just turned 53 ...bollocks:001_smile:

Technically your on here, with the telly on in the background, unless you can do two things at once, which we all know by modern evolution standards, men can't do:lol:

Happy bday mate :thumbup1:

It is late but my views and opinions don't change at different times of day :biggrin:

Yes I agree with you on the pharmaceutical side having bad apples mate, it also goes for technology also there has been some major cock ups in that industry side, but my point being for all the bad the good out ways ten fold.

Technically your on here, with the telly on in the background, unless you can do two things at once, which we all know by modern evolution standards, men can't do:lol:

I'm gonna pay for this...I have a strong feminine side....I'm multitasking :001_smile: