Confidence is key!! Yet difficult to gather.

Coletti

The more trees you climb you will be amazed how much you will build up your skills and confidence. First few months will be nerve racking till you get the hang of it then you will start swinging like a monkey and enjoy the world at your feet.

Glad your enjoying mate, You best come along on Sunday we will give you some real arb treatment set up a few swings and even a zip line if we can find two good trees

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The more trees you climb you will be amazed how much you will build up your skills and confidence. First few months will be nerve racking till you get the hang of it then you will start swinging like a monkey and enjoy the world at your feet.

Glad your enjoying mate, You best come along on Sunday we will give you some real arb treatment set up a few swings and even a zip line if we can find two good trees

Check and check mate, different ends of the campus but a big sycamore with a swing from one side through to other.. can do a zipline on the oaks too... should have the vid on my phone :D

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Check and check mate, different ends of the campus but a big sycamore with a swing from one side through to other.. can do a zipline on the oaks too... should have the vid on my phone :D

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Be good to have a walk around the campus only seen a little bit last time i was there, Never really go to go and have a mess around :thumbup:

I've been climbing for just over 7 years and I built my confidence up really quickly due to my boss really pushing me. But last year I stopped climbing due to a bad back and having better and younger climbers working for me I am now climbing again and I have lost my confidence and now building it back up again! I never thought I would lose it!

Some inspiring words guys, cheers for all the support and tony is good, really easy to get on with and he's pushing me past where I'm comfortable and past where is needed for the assessment, really pleased with my progress at present

on my 38 I got to top of tree on first go and wondered what the hell am I doing up here, so many things to remember as well. Second day just got on with it and loved it haven't looked back since and now look forward to every climb.

Just be methodical and you'll be fine mate.

Spot on Tommy.

Even after 20 years of climbing I sometimes get 'The Fear'...:scared1:

When this happens I, just go back to basics, check my crabs & anchors are secure, recheck. Re-check my saw is sharp, fuelled and correctly tensioned. Then I re-evaluate what cuts I will be making, just thinking everything through and trying to perform as if I was being assessed. Will my cuts send the branch where I want it? Is there anything hung up above me? I make sure my gob cut is perfect, then that my back-cut is parallel etc etc. Before you have time to let yourself worry, the branch has gone & its time to think about the next one....

Taking everything back to first principles like this focusses my mind on the job, leaving no room for the wobblies to get in :thumbup:

Coletti, the funny thing about confidence is that it can become addictive. Being aware of your kit and how it works will serve you well. Pacing yourself and with life in general will have a profound affect on your future as a climber, take it from a ground dweller.

You will do well, the membership would have it no other way!

easy-lift guy