QTRA - I'm sorry i don't agree with it!

RobArb

Exactly - all QTRA does is put a number on 'negligible' to let you compare it with other risks. Much like Albedo's doctor does (how is the headache anyway?).

Is there a need to put a number on things, what happened to common sense? OK OK, i'm not naive enough to think that this is possible, but there are better systems in place to ascertain the "risk" (there's that word again) of trees in relation to people and objects

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for your concern Tony, it got better when I took the cat for a walk, then I read this thread again. Down to about a five now as it's getting a bit easier to understand.

Lets stay with the red /orange thing:001_smile:

So patient describes a headache pain reduction of 20% in absolute terms over two hours when exposure to waffle decreases. Stats from qualitative data :)

Had to google 'qualitative' I skipped it earlier.

= relating to, measuring, or measured by the quality of something rather than its quantity: Often contrasted with quantitative.

And there's me thinking you cared:001_smile:

I take it you mean that the use of statistics, as in a quantitative thing....but used for a qualitative perameter is therefore subjective...thus proving your point:thumbup1:

You'll have to leave this one with me for a while Tony:thumbup1:

Fair enough. When you do, just ask yourself if it doesn't just do the exact same thing as QTRA. You add points together (with an element of subjective input) and come up with a figure which you hold up against a threshold for deciding action.

I think the biggest issue QTRA faces is that people think that it pretends to offer objective precision and they rightly know that it can't.