Collecting leaves

zeroluke

I've a job on tomorrow. The garden is 31m long and 25m wide. Blowing leaves into long rows n then rake / vacuum them up with a stihl mulcher vac, take the leaves away etc. £55-60 quid sound fair, I don't think it will take that long? I was working it out the same as for grass cutting at £15 per 100m2, but that seemed excessive so I dropped the rate - i didn't want customers to think I was ripping them off..

HI LUKE hows the saw going mate jon :thumbup:

I love it. It is smooth, quiet :001_rolleyes: and doesn't feel that heavy. Better than any modern saw I've used. However, its been sat in storage since I last spoke to you. I have been doing other things. I am thinking of putting a blanket over it to keep the cold away from it.

I love it. It is smooth, quiet :001_rolleyes: and doesn't feel that heavy. Better than any modern saw I've used. However, its been sat in storage since I last spoke to you. I have been doing other things. I am thinking of putting a blanket over it to keep the cold away from it.

HI LUKE thats what we do if there not used a lot and on the tractor it helps to keep the cold out well done mate jon :thumbup:

Yup a square km would take me longer than an hour to clear ! Think I would have to change me pants a few times before that job had finished!!

1km2 = 1 million square metres.

or 100 ha.

Its the old area mixup again.

Think we all know what you meant Zeroluke.

:thumbup1:

err, are you sure it was a square kilometre? thats a big area lol

No , deffo wrong about that. Thats relying on old fashioned conversion tables that I don't understand that well. Thanks for pointing that out. It would almost be a kilometer if I was to walk the area in that garden in a straight line, though. I have just looked on google converter ( much simpler to understand tbh ) it would take 10 of them gardens to make a square Km. Annoying thing is nothing seemed wrong with the wrong answer i got earlier. I hate numbers. If I look at lots of them for a long period of time, along with working stuff out, they change colour and disapear :dontknow:

No , deffo wrong about that. Thats relying on old fashioned conversion tables that I don't understand that well. Thanks for pointing that out. It would almost be a kilometer if I was to walk the area in that garden in a straight line, though. I have just looked on google converter ( much simpler to understand tbh ) it would take 10 of them gardens to make a square Km. Annoying thing is nothing seemed wrong with the wrong answer i got earlier. I hate numbers. If I look at lots of them for a long period of time, along with working stuff out, they change colour and disapear :dontknow:

to help

the area of the garden is roughly 30x25sq.m.= 750sq.m.

call it a thousand for ease

A square kilometer is 1000m by 1000m = 1 million sq.m.

your garden is roughly one thousandth of a square kilometer.

Personally I wouldn't work in such big numbers when calculating- just do square metres- it's what most people use unless you're a farmer.

I'm liking the number colour thing

to help

the area of the garden is roughly 30x25sq.m.= 750sq.m.

call it a thousand for ease

A square kilometer is 1000m by 1000m = 1 million sq.m.

your garden is roughly one thousandth of a square kilometer.

Personally I wouldn't work in such big numbers when calculating- just do square metres- it's what most people use unless you're a farmer.

I'm liking the number colour thing

I bloody don't It makes it hard working stuff out when digits/number disapear. Bit like dyslexia with number. I forget the term, it sounds similar

I bloody don't It makes it hard working stuff out when digits/number disapear. Bit like dyslexia with number. I forget the term, it sounds similar

It's dyscalcula mate and I have it too.

I have missed flights by 24 hours due to not understanding the 24 hour clock and most recently got stuck in London for 6 hours having got the trains wrong. I can cock it up even if it's written down in front of me.:001_smile:

I completely understand your mix up on areas....It was just a big garden and not a amall one...that'll do:001_smile: