Wind

Gaynor

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love the feeling of being up a big poplar on a windy day...it is scary but also exhilirating...specially when the branch sways and for a split second you wonder if its going to stop!

in 95 we doing the pops @ brigghouse next to river/canal caravan park armitage the guy we worked for got an ex fire brigade lift in near gale force winds & rain we were waiting for the tree to come back to get the top cut in them waite to do bottom cut then back cut good job there was only 25 trees to do happy days:001_cool: wasnt to just taking 60 ft off @ time think twice now having 2.5 off spring :001_cool:

in 95 we doing the pops @ brigghouse next to river/canal caravan park armitage the guy we worked for got an ex fire brigade lift in near gale force winds & rain we were waiting for the tree to come back to get the top cut in them waite to do bottom cut then back cut good job there was only 25 trees to do happy days:001_cool: wasnt to just taking 60 ft off @ time think twice now having 2.5 off spring :001_cool:

Can I suggest a bit of punctuation might make this easier to read...

Or am I being picky? :blink:

Did some deadwooding on some scots pines last year, they were on a farm up the road, the place is right on top of the moor and when we arrived it was blowing a gale, a propper gale. The trees were not very tall and pines dont move much in the wind so I did them anyway. The wind got stronger as the day went on and on one of the last trees I ran out of fuel. While I was waiting for the refil I was just dangling in the wind, I had about 10 foot of rope out and was only about 20foot of the floor. It was a bit like how I imagine sky diving to be, a couple of times I was level with my anchor point.

Quite good fun in a little tree but I would'nt fancy it in something big.

Sounds like fun to me. I guess what I was really getting at was more...do you wait with baited breath for storm damage to clear up? Do you look forward to some poor sod's tree falling over in the wind? that sort of thing...

This weekends gales down this way just got me wondering.

Sounds like fun to me. I guess what I was really getting at was more...do you wait with baited breath for storm damage to clear up? Do you look forward to some poor sod's tree falling over in the wind? that sort of thing...

This weekends gales down this way just got me wondering.

This weekends storms were a song and dance about nothing. I think they over dramatise things to cover their backs. I love wind it blows out the old crap:blushing:........teehee.

This weekends storms were a song and dance about nothing. I think they over dramatise things to cover their backs. I love wind it blows out the old crap:blushing:........teehee.

Aah...That's coz you live at the wrong side of the country, luv. You should've been over here on Saturday night, Stockers, mate. Blowy?...I should coco!!!

Aah...That's coz you live at the wrong side of the country, luv. You should've been over here on Saturday night, Stockers, mate. Blowy?...I should coco!!!

Dont get me wrong it blew like Billy O over here, I even lost me smalls off the line. Just not enough to knock any tree,s over. What you really need is two weeks of rain to soften the ground then a big blow, then you,ll get some work from it.