Anyone made an Arbor. Trolley

Treemoose

The stein arbor trolley is a great bit of kit but I'm yet to see a home made arbor trolly. I don't own a stein one a d probably will end up buying one but when I look at it I'm always saying to myself I should just make one of those.

I saw the thread "arbor trolly eat your heart out" and liked the towing capabilities.

So has any body made their own? Have I missed a thread on this?

I'm not knocking the stein trolly or price I'm just interested in anybody's home made trolleys

Looking into the price of the steel. Last time I looked Parker steel was 90 odd quid for box section 1 inch and 2mm thick. Plus vat. Then there is the time it takes to manufacture one. So it's a day of work. And if you pay a worker like me for instance to make you one here is a day rate to pay. Then there is buying the axle and wheels.

Then there is the design to consider, ok so looking at a pic and copying one may look easy but there is a lot more to it than that.

My thoughts have been that unless you are making something tailored to your own needs its just as simple and a lot more less work to just buy one and get on with working. And if it breaks it goes back and get repaired free.

Several people have made their own then admitted they should have bought the Stein straight away.

Buy the proper kit and you know it will do a proper job.

My stein trolley is the cheapest piece of kit I've ever bought because it is used so much. I've got two really good guys working for me and the trolley makes the job easier which them happier.

A chap called Reg on here made one :001_smile:

Im going to make one this winter slightly different as I want it to carry fence panels as well and othere fencing materials. I have a set of wheels and some box section kicking about but as rich says if you buy every thing it wouldnt be much more to buy the real thing

A chap called Reg on here made one :001_smile:

Im going to make one this winter slightly different as I want it to carry fence panels as well and othere fencing materials. I have a set of wheels and some box section kicking about but as rich says if you buy every thing it wouldnt be much more to buy the real thing

Reg made the stein arbor trolley mate??

Looking into the price of the steel. Last time I looked Parker steel was 90 odd quid for box section 1 inch and 2mm thick. Plus vat. Then there is the time it takes to manufacture one. So it's a day of work. And if you pay a worker like me for instance to make you one here is a day rate to pay. Then there is buying the axle and wheels.

Then there is the design to consider, ok so looking at a pic and copying one may look easy but there is a lot more to it than that.

My thoughts have been that unless you are making something tailored to your own needs its just as simple and a lot more less work to just buy one and get on with working. And if it breaks it goes back and get repaired free.

And thats why I will probably just buy one

I can get steel from my sister inlaws family buisness so get a good deal

As for time nothing better than welding stuff together when your not up a tree :thumbup1:

I know the design is probably harder to put together than it looks that's why I was interested if anyone had made one with success