Chain jam/snag/stupidity/noob question.

Adamam

Does the saw normally cut without snagging, or has there been a change to the saw since it last worked ok?

Just wondering if you have accidentally fitted a narrow kerf (microlite) chain to a standard bar?

No, no change since last cutting, and it's only on this specific narrow diameter beech. Usually this saw is boring, but dependable.

Does the clutch work ok on the saw?

A little too well; the springs will need replacing soon.

Ok Sorry bud . Sounds like a possible chain sharpening thing . Rakers too shallow ? so it digs in and jams ,clearance , gullets need filing out if its been sharpened allot ? ( flanks rubbing ) Just clutching here !

I don't reckon so (could be wrong, obviously), the chain is almost new and is still perfectly sharp. It's Oregon, so I'm assuming the rakers would be ok.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, no change since last cutting, and it's only on this specific narrow diameter beech. Usually this saw is boring, but dependable.

A little too well; the springs will need replacing soon.

I don't reckon so (could be wrong, obviously), the chain is almost new and is still perfectly sharp. It's Oregon, so I'm assuming the rakers would be ok.

Yea ok . not the chain then . Is your saw ok ? Air filter carb settings ? Dies whern under load ? ok ok will it cut fine on a big ugly lump that sts still ?

Does it try and pick up/roll the piece of wood?

Oh dear God, yes!

:lol:

This is why I'm thinking that maybe Swinny is right, and I'm just being 'tarded about how I'm holding the wood.

As I say, I don't usually cut such small wood when it's not attached to a trunk, and I have no idea how one would go about fastening it properly...

:blushing:

Oh dear God, yes!

This is why I'm thinking that maybe Swinny is right, and I'm just being 'tarded about how I'm holding the wood.

As I say, I don't usually cut such small wood when it's not attached to a trunk, and I have no idea how one would go about fastening it properly...

Now were there ! you v had us all over the place bud ! You godda hold it tight some ways ! :thumbup:

Oh dear God, yes!

Reckon that's probably it then :001_smile:

I made up a rack a bit like a wooden version of a buckingham log station, and have seen photos on here of others like it too - chuck a number of brnaches in and run the saw through them all together. Even then the top ones try to flick a bit but it's doable.

Oh dear God, yes!

Go on , Admit it you been testing us ain't yer ? LOL. :thumbup: