Jenson 530T or 540T IS THE QUESTION

Gedwood

But surely by offering an hourly rate, rather than fixed price, they are not aware that they are going to be paying more for less until you have finished?:confused1:

your exactly right Dave , having offered the client a fixed price to carry out the works the decided that they could "save money " by felling the trees there self , i explained that i could not give a fixed price as i don't know how they will work or if they can fell them and leave them in a workable state , i had tried to save the money and pointed out that my fixed price was the most cost effective way of doing the job but they felt that they could save money by felling the trees . i may be wrong and they may trim everything out so that we can get through it in less time but when the method they came up with was to pull them all over with the tractor and try to keep them all in on pile i can see we will be there a minute or two.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your exactly right Dave , having offered the client a fixed price to carry out the works the decided that they could "save money " by felling the trees there self , i explained that i could not give a fixed price as i don't know how they will work or if they can fell them and leave them in a workable state , i had tried to save the money and pointed out that my fixed price was the most cost effective way of doing the job but they felt that they could save money by felling the trees . i may be wrong and they may trim everything out so that we can get through it in less time but when the method they came up with was to pull them all over with the tractor and try to keep them all in on pile i can see we will be there a minute or two.

But if you had given a price of say £5K to fell and chip or £6K for them to fell and you chip, they would then know they are not saving by felling :001_smile:

But if you had given a price of say £5K to fell and chip or £6K for them to fell and you chip, they would then know they are not saving by felling :001_smile:

Yeah i agree Dave but the problem would then be if they do feel the trees onto one another and leave the trees as they are for us to deal with would possibly result in us losing money . i did explain that it would not expect there to be any saving as we had planned to strip the trees out and chip as we go and then fell the sticks and remove with a forwarder , there reply was - if we fell them then you wont have to climb them and that will save money ! hence the hourly rate , if it gets to expensive then they have the option of stopping us if they wish