Rnli

Rich2484

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1383062944.788431.jpg.0e5afdd1028420dcb13a02567a5a70a4.jpgWell this is the view from my office this week. Covering mechanic for sennen cove lifeboat. Some nice 30ft waves breaking over the breakwater when I turned up yesterday, and at the moment the weather looks like its coming in worse still next weekend! Hope we have a quiet week.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

just checked forecast and apart from rain thursday friday looks ok no mention of storms a coming.

wait and see, not a storm like this one but a little lower in the scale. a force 8-9. so blustry winds.

its there for the weekend and if i find it again i will post a link, need to go through my history pages.

wait and see, not a storm like this one but a little lower in the scale. a force 8-9. so blustry winds.

its there for the weekend and if i find it again i will post a link, need to go through my history pages.

thats all right then if its only a force 8 or 9 :biggrin: not a 11 like sunday monday. see the barometric pressure for judes was 972 87 was 927 so not as strong. still if out on the sea a gale can still rip up the water if tides running the right way i would not like to be out in it not even on a big ship.

round your way with the goodwin sands i bet it kicks up not a nice place to be near in a storm. been on there in good weather. honary member of the goodwin sands potholing club:confused1:

thats all right then if its only a force 8 or 9 :biggrin: not a 11 like sunday monday. see the barometric pressure for judes was 972 87 was 927 so not as strong. still if out on the sea a gale can still rip up the water if tides running the right way i would not like to be out in it not even on a big ship.

round your way with the goodwin sands i bet it kicks up not a nice place to be near in a storm. been on there in good weather. honary member of the goodwin sands potholing club:confused1:

ha. really? next time your down let me know. will give you a guided tour.

the sands are ok, its getting out of the harbour that is a problem, in easterly winds it rips past causing a big swell. can get lumpy, and if the tide is right you can ride it in and the wall gets very close.:thumbup1: