My Land Rover Defender 130

madmatt

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks a great truck matt, shame it hasn't got the most important thing though - a tipper!:icon14:

A tipper isn't that much of a priority in my line of work. I don't carry much chip, think its been two loads in three years! I only carry timber rings and to be honest they are stacked in the log shed, so even if I tipped them out I'd have to still handle them to stack. Anything not good for home fire is left on site thats the benefit of forestry as opposed to tree surgery in folks gardens!

A tipper isn't that much of a priority in my line of work. I don't carry much chip, think its been two loads in three years! I only carry timber rings and to be honest they are stacked in the log shed, so even if I tipped them out I'd have to still handle them to stack.

Was it really worth bothering with the high sides then?

Anything not good for home fire is left on site thats the benefit of forestry as opposed to tree surgery in folks gardens!

With me anything not good for the fire gets chipped and sold for ground cover/mulching, I don't see how leaving a saleable product on site is a benefit?

Was it really worth bothering with the high sides then?

Why do you have to be so argumentative?? are you poor at asking questions or good at being confrontational?

With me anything not good for the fire gets chipped and sold for ground cover/mulching, I don't see how leaving a saleable product on site is a benefit?

Probably because you've never worked in anything but a back garden, and have no idea what the words 'Forestry' or 'Brashmat' mean.

Lighten up Dude. Not everyone does things your way, and just because someone does it differently, does'nt mean its 'wrong'

Probably because you've never worked in anything but a back garden

Erm....nope, why would you think this?

Lighten up Dude. Not everyone does things your way, and just because someone does it differently, does'nt mean its 'wrong'

At what point did I say matt was doing anything wrong? I was simply stating the way I do things, as was he.

Chill out old man:icon14:

MadMatt:

I notice you have a ball hitch on one side of the bumber you created....

I have three different hitch positions on the front of my work truck.

After pushing equipment around my thought is that your set up works best.

If you are pushing a chipper, it is best to have the tongue of the chipper set to one side of the pusher truck, not in the center.

Frans I've drilled the bumper both sides, so I can fit another hitch near side versatility is the key.

Cabstar yep it was worth fitting high sides they can serve more than one purpose! They mean I can carry a level load of timber to tailgate hight and then stack kit on top without having to rope down. They also make carrying road signs easy as I can stand them all up against the sides and front so its easy to select the right ones when I'm on chapter 8 duties for other people. I hear what you say about chip but I tend to work in the small inaccesible woodlands around here and its not economicaly viable to haul all the timber out. That and the fact site management plans won't allways let you.

Something else to bear in mind is this isn't just my work truck I like making/fabricating in the workshop so I'm not paying people to fit most of this stuff. Everything is thought out and I don't tend to waste time or money on something unessarcy.