Boots

Luke Quenby

So, the time has come to ditch my old trusted boots and invest in a new pair.

Am thinking either Haix trekker mountain or Oregon fiordland.

Will be using them purely for forestry / ground work (no climbing) so lots of walking, many miles a day often, so need to be good walking boots to. Often going to be working in wet woods, so a good degree of waterproofing handy to!

Any one got any preferences or experience of either and where to get them at a good price?

All opinions gratefully recieved! Cheers :001_smile:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Used to wear Haix and really rate them but heard more recently they arent lasting as well as they did and had one dealer at the APF talk me out of them when I asked about warranty.

Iwent for some of the Tirrol Fighter boots after nothing but good feedback on them and have had them for a fortnight or so now and am getting on well. They are the stiffest boot I've ever worn but are getting better every day and I can even drive in them now!

Meindl make some great walking boots. And that's partly why the airstreams are so good. I've had 2 years out of mine and this is what the sole is like, they are only just seeping water in now and that's only when they're wet all day. I have stuck it Back on with some super glue and they are great again. I just have almost no grip left!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349900076.722346.jpg.709dd92ce766b00ce4170dec86399830.jpg

Used to wear Haix and really rate them but heard more recently they arent lasting as well as they did and had one dealer at the APF talk me out of them when I asked about warranty.

Iwent for some of the Tirrol Fighter boots after nothing but good feedback on them and have had them for a fortnight or so now and am getting on well. They are the stiffest boot I've ever worn but are getting better every day and I can even drive in them now!

Yep, thats a problem I had, have had a couple of pairs of Dickies boots over the years, really good, strong, comfertable boot for general work, normally last 18 months - two years.

Latest pair has done just over a month and when applying some dubbin the other night thought the join between the sole and upper looked a bit ropey, looked inside the tounge and saw the good old 'made in China' label. Only a £40 pair of rough boots but doubt they will last 12 months.

Hence the question, what should I get??!! My last pair of saw boots were Oregon and are good, but just thought I'd throw it out there and see what others thought. Should have gone to the APF!:thumbup:

Yep, thats a problem I had, have had a couple of pairs of Dickies boots over the years, really good, strong, comfertable boot for general work, normally last 18 months - two years.

Latest pair has done just over a month and when applying some dubbin the other night thought the join between the sole and upper looked a bit ropey, looked inside the tounge and saw the good old 'made in China' label. Only a £40 pair of rough boots but doubt they will last 12 months.

Hence the question, what should I get??!! My last pair of saw boots were Oregon and are good, but just thought I'd throw it out there and see what others thought. Should have gone to the APF!:thumbup:

If they are good just get a new pair :)

My Oregon fiordland boots have just been delivered today :thumbup: first impressions are extremely comfy straight away, like walking boots, soft and supple, look real nice in the flesh too.

i normally get 10 months out of a pair of haix, so i'll be happy if these last the same-simillar cost.

they're supposed to be waterproof too, not water resistant like alot of boots are which swayed my decision

The meindl air streams are good boots, have just bought a pair and like them alot.

The other boots i was looking at were the klima air. They look really comfy much like walking boots. They have an aluminium toe cap so nice and light and are gore-tex lined so 100% waterproof. At a little over £200 they are quite expensive, though over 2 years might be worth the extra ££'s.

I'm going to jump on this thread and ask the same questions.... my old Stihl [Fellsmans] rub like hell unless I put insulating tape on my right heel before I start.... so I'm looking for something a bit more nimble.... and along the same lines

I'm looking at the cheaper end of the price range though, either the Oregon Fiordland, Elten Fellsman Xpert or Haix Blue Mountain..... It's a coin toss so far as I'm concerned....

Personal experiences....?

They get very limited use so out of the box comfort is infinitely more important that longevity....