'Little' Shot

WorcsWuss

Success! Albeit moderate....

The throwbag was going nowhere, particularly vertically, so having seen these golf ball throw weights I thought I'd knock one up myself....

Drilled it out, tightened an m8 bolt through it, drilled through the nylon nut and thread and installed the strongest key ring I could find on the hooks....

I was as amazed as anyone to find it works.....

I think I can now put a bit of effort into refining the mounting on my painting pole to take out the flex in the ball collector part of the slingshot but all in all I have new faith in this odd looking contraption....

It actually fires it remarkably high and with pretty good accuracy....

Do you take the slide with you to act as a bi-pod, or is it for fun during tea breaks, I wish i worked with you!:lol:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't tried it in 'those sort of canopies' yet, but I don't expect it to bounce TOO badly, the head of the bolt leads and that doesn't have any bounce in it. Where did I see a picture of your high ball....?

I'll get the kitchen scales out and endeavour to weigh it for you!

I'll take some close ups of the hyperdog as well......

just the way you roll! my hyper dog is going for the pole treatment, my groundy shot himself in the veg last week when he had the line wrapped around the handle, it swung back conker style at mach 5!

:lol: I was tinkering with it in unmodified handheld form this morning but as your groundie knows, it's a bit tricky!

Mounted on the pole it can be inverted like a proper big shot so that it fires from underneath and the line runs straight out the cube without getting snagged round anything. :thumbup1:

Thats cool I like it . When reading your post the first thing I thought about was using one of those Hacky sack balls filled with shot.:biggrin:

I'm beginning to think that for a throw weight to work really well, it needs to be solid rather than full of granular material. Even this Heath Robinson codge up of a thing launches and flies so much more cleanly.

Of course, it's yet to be tried in anger! :biggrin: