Top knots!

Swooop

Evening chaps!

First off thanks for making such a useful and entertaining forum... Just thought I'd pick your brains, if I may. I'm a noob with CS 30/31 under my belt and CS 38/39 booked soonish, and was wondering which knots you would recommend perfecting for the beginner and which ones you find the most useful in everyday life. It's probably a bit of a week area for me, no scouts when I was a lad...

Ta,

Swooop

Evening chaps!

First off thanks for making such a useful and entertaining forum... Just thought I'd pick your brains, if I may. I'm a noob with CS 30/31 under my belt and CS 38/39 booked soonish, and was wondering which knots you would recommend perfecting for the beginner and which ones you find the most useful in everyday life. It's probably a bit of a week area for me, no scouts when I was a lad...

Ta,

Swooop

like steve said bowline of all forms you could also try blakes hitch which you might be asked to deminstrate a three knot system ie bowline blakes hitch and stopper knot figure of eight also double figure of eight. buy your self the tree climbers companion good luck swoop

learn you friction hitchs aswell as your static knots.take a look at how they work.the prussic is still used alot where i work proberly more then a blakes or a v.t. so its good to know them all.get the books out really...a good one is "tree climbers companion" that covers everything.

Cheers guys, that's the sort of thing I was looking for, a few hints and tips for the noob! I'm lucky enough to have a copy of the treeclimbers knotbook in the post, but not the treeclimber's companion. Is it a good investment?

Plenty of homework here then, and as I'm self financed, I want to make the most of all the training I get.

Looking forward to it / bricking it in equal quantities...

Regards

Swooop

Cheers guys, that's the sort of thing I was looking for, a few hints and tips for the noob! I'm lucky enough to have a copy of the treeclimbers knotbook in the post, but not the treeclimber's companion. Is it a good investment?

Plenty of homework here then, and as I'm self financed, I want to make the most of all the training I get.

Looking forward to it / bricking it in equal quantities...

Regards

Swooop

its a good book every good arborist will own one

you'll be fine mate take your time be safe and keep talking to your grounds person let them know what you are doing at all times good team work is important you will sail it once again good luck

bowline in all its forms.,,,regular, running and on the bite. one of the most useful knots you will use IMO

:dito:

Learn to tie it in your sleep one of the most usefull knots out there.

Word of warning though if you tie it wrong or should I say if you clip into the wrong bit of loop it will look ok ish but then fall apart. :scared1: