Humans breeding out of control

Dean Lofthouse

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mathematical horrors, part one: The council estate effect:

Two educated folk having two children by the age of 35. They in turn have two children aged 35, who in turn have two children aged 35. After 105 years, including the partners of the children, the population is 8.

Two uneducated folk have five kids by age of 25. They in turn have 5 kids by the age of 25 and so on. After 100 years, you have 625 people, including the respective partners.

This genuinely, honestly terrifies me. The prospect that we'll have a nation of OK magazine reading, Big Brother watching air heads expecting support from an increasing minority of people actually working is somewhat apocalyptic.

Two educated folk having two children by the age of 35. They in turn have two children aged 35, who in turn have two children aged 35. After 105 years, including the partners of the children, the population is 8.

Two uneducated folk have five kids by age of 25. They in turn have 5 kids by the age of 25 and so on. After 100 years, you have 625 people, including the respective partners.

This genuinely, honestly terrifies me. The prospect that we'll have a nation of OK magazine reading, Big Brother watching air heads expecting support from an increasing minority of people actually working is somewhat apocalyptic.

You forgot the Jeremy Kyle show :lol::lol:

Think there was a maths equation somewhere about that...

It kind of went something like this...

Educated people by the time they are 35 have an average of 3 kids, uneducated people by the time they are 25 have an average of 5 kids, not all the time, but mostly, children tend to follow the example set by parents... There is some definite outnumbering going on:001_rolleyes:

Sent from my Galaxy S2

That's the one I was on about!:biggrin:

Sent from my Galaxy S2

I cannot believe that on such a beautiful sunny autumnal day that anyone could compose such a depressing thread so full of misery.

PS I live in a council house and had two kids by the time I was 25, i left school at 16 with the minimum of qualifications. Generalisations suck :thumbdown:

The Jeremy Kyle underclass will not make 100yrs old due to poor diet, lifestyle etc whereas the Guardian reading muesli-munchers will live longer and will probably be growing/raising their own food and so avoid the rucks in Iceland or Netto anyway. :001_smile:

I cannot believe that on such a beautiful sunny autumnal day that anyone could compose such a depressing thread so full of misery.

PS I live in a council house and had two kids by the time I was 25, i left school at 16 with the minimum of qualifications. Generalisations suck :thumbdown:

Agree 100% andy :thumbup1:

Life is great, take a deep breath, chill and enjoy it, ya bunch of auld misery guts:biggrin:

No Felix, the Guardian reader will be queueing to jump in front of the 7.45am express into London due to his depression at his life history. The less intelligent are blissfully unaware of any of life issues and will just blunder through life regardless, some will make 100.