MB Trac on the Bay

renewablejohn

Did a little research online and the eBay username 'farrier99' along with the mobile phone number seem to be legit. Seems to be a guy called 'Geoffrey Elphick Farrier' who's a blacksmith/involved in horses in some way.

Good few bids on it already but all well below the buy-it-now price of seven thousand pounds.

He says it's advertised elsewhere but I can't find any other ads online; must be in classified mags instead...

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IfI recall correctly AC Price told me 3-4k for the kit of bits alone, and assume from MB simply because this was an acknowledged weakness in the design, therefore either no second hand bits or they will be no better than the already defective ones.

This was at least 5 year ago.

PS

Nick if you are selling a "minter" MB1000 at 10k I might even buy her.:001_huh:

Funny enough they seem to be coming out of the woodwork recently after being unheard of for a good no of years.

Do I need 2 No. though.:001_rolleyes:

IfI recall correctly AC Price told me 3-4k for the kit of bits alone, and assume from MB simply because this was an acknowledged weakness in the design, therefore either no second hand bits or they will be no better than the already defective ones.

PS

Funny enough they seem to be coming out of the woodwork recently after being unheard of for a good no of years.

no she wont be for sale... had a newish 200hp new holland nicked 10 days ago... so gonna spend insurance money on another self propelled sprayer and take sprayer off mb and use it as spare tractor as the new holland was rarely used and cost fortune every time it was.... mb will sit on conventional baler and bale baron bale packer from end may till september...

its got air con... air seat and 40k on road and suspension.. thats all we need...

and its got big set tera tyres with it which we'll put on after baleing and use it for ring rolling...

PS

Be interesting to see what price it does make. Given the cost of repairs I think the ebay auction price is already more than I am prepared to pay although as you say if Nick has a "minter" I might be tempted. Same problem really, have 2 do I need 3.

its got air con... air seat and 40k on road and suspension.. thats all we need...

and its got big set tera tyres with it which we'll put on after baleing and use it for ring rolling...

Ah here, you can't talk up your MB trac like that without showing us a pic or two... :)

PS

just had a look on the computer using no chassis number tho. but for a mb trac 1000 gearbox is around 4.5k mark so not that pricey