Safety Recalls

treebloke

As a Goods Vehicle Operator we get updates from VOSA, this may be of interest to some one.

VEHICLE SAFETY RECALLS

Vehicle recalls for September 2012 are included in the list below. For further information on any of these recalls, visit the VOSA recalls database or contact your local dealership.

VOSA Reference Number

Make and Model

Issue

R/2012/085

Toyota – Auris, Avensis and RAV4

Rear suspension arm may separate

R/2012/087

Vauxhall – Vivaro and Movano

Seat belt buckle may fail

R/2012/088

Mercedes – Smart 451

Loss of control

RM/2012/019

Triumph – Daytona 675 Street Triple

Engine may stall

R/2012/095

Vauxhall – Antara

Brake performance may be reduced

RCT/2012/001

SDC – Drawbar Trailer

Drawbar beam may crack

R/2012/101

Mercedes Benz – Actros

Risk of Fire

R/2012/100

Peugeot – 208

Brakes may fail

R/2012/092

Ford – Maverick

Throttle may stick in the fully open position

R/2012/103

Nissan – Qashqai and NV200

Possible loss of steering

R/2012/104

Volvo – V60, V70, Xc70 and S80

Reduced braking performance

I old just see the headlines now.

Today on the motorway there was a major accident when a Mercedes lost control crashing into a triumph who's engine has stalled, and a Peugeot crashed into the Mercedes because it had brake failure, a Nissan then crashed into the pile due to loss of steering. An sdc then lost its drawbar causing a vauxhall to try and speed past him but his throttle got stuck open and he rammed into a Volvo who couldn't stop.

On the other carriageway a speeding fire ball went past the accident that later turned out to be a Mercedes Benz.

Sorry it's been a boring day. I will get me coat. :bebored:

I old just see the headlines now.

Today on the motorway there was a major accident when a Mercedes lost control crashing into a triumph who's engine has stalled, and a Peugeot crashed into the Mercedes because it had brake failure, a Nissan then crashed into the pile due to loss of steering. An sdc then lost its drawbar causing a vauxhall to try and speed past him but his throttle got stuck open and he rammed into a Volvo who couldn't stop.

On the other carriageway a speeding fire ball went past the accident that later turned out to be a Mercedes Benz.

Sorry it's been a boring day. I will get me coat. :bebored:

That made me laugh.

If these recalls are typical, it just means that something like 1 in 100,000 may have developed a fault, such as the Navarra seats adjusting themselves, or the recall on alloy wheels which found 1 hairline fracture out of all recalls, meaning the change of all 5 wheels on every model Nissan that had them fitted (Navarra) a while back, between certain serial nos. It does not mean every single car on the road has a problem