Stove fired up

Dean Lofthouse

Vision 500 Dave? I've had mine lit loads already since it snapped cooler and darker.

When it's dry outside I gather a bag of dead pop, syc, and willow branches rather than put it through the chipper. Normally that's enough for an evening burn or enough to cook my tea on at least

Edited by Lancstree
missed a name

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vision 500 Dave? I've had mine lit loads already since it snapped cooler and darker.

When it's dry outside I gather a bag of dead pop, syc, and willow branches rather than put it through the chipper. Normally that's enough for an evening burn or enough to cook my tea on at least

Yep thats the one and the smaller one is the Pioneer 400 ( fantastic little stove ). We want another Vision 500 for the blank wall when funds will allow.

Had ours lit for the last couple of weeks most evenings, light it about 7pm, three or four logs (2 at a time) enough to keep the house warm enough that the oil-fired central heating doesn't kick in on the thermostat. :biggrin:

Currently on seasoned alder (about 17% MC if my meter is working) but got some cherry to come; hoping it doesn't get really cold because once the log store is empty my pile of oak was only cut this year and is still about 35% MC.

Need to find another source of wood... any suggestions? (I'm just near Warwick).