BGU Processor

Woodworks

Hi there in answer to you questions, standard model hydraulics come from one spool on the tractor, for the majority of modern tractors thats all you would need, the pto shaft drives the saw. An optional extra is the pump and tank kit, filter etc. the hydraulic log deck for the Xylog 320 lists at about £3000. prices for the Xylog 320 start at £10,000 the larger Xylog 400 starts at £19,000. Both machines operations are hydraulic and the log deck is also hydraulic and controlled from the operators position. Look at Home Forestry and the details are on the web pages under Rabaud, wood processors.

have a good weekend

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite a few here. me included use older tractors to run processors. My MF135 would need plumbing for a spool valve me thinks although it has a loader on it.

A

The hydraulics in most smaller older tractors would simpy be too slow though, the splitter being the biggest problem. I think the independent pump is a vital necessity in a processor really.

alot of medium sized processors can be driven with an 8hp honda. The reason for needing a 40hp is the stability when transporting. Or has the 30hp gone somewhere else.

I'm not sure, but 50hp would drive a serious size of a hydraulic pump I would have thought. Lifting these machines is a different story altogether though, and a 135 sized tractor will probably fail to lift a heavier processor.

alot of medium sized processors can be driven with an 8hp honda. The reason for needing a 40hp is the stability when transporting. Or has the 30hp gone somewhere else.

No, think she would do about 35hp on a rolling road. Can always move a processor with a bigger tractor but its backside ache putting it away.

Max lift is about 2200 lbs, at that the front end would lift without additional weight.

A

I believe that the hp required is quite rightfully more related to the tractor weight as the Xylog processors have a high steel content and build quality, weight is 1080 KG.

If your using an old major or fergy, much better to have the pump and tank option, not everyone would need it thats why its available if required. It is a cheaper and better option than trying to get more hydraulics from an old machine. Will have demo machines on site soon, to come and try for yourselves. thats the best way to evaluate its performance, especially if your used to operating machinery. We have a wide range of timber to try including horribly bent and knotty stuff, to see how it will cope with that. No point just trying bar quality material.