BGU Processor

Woodworks

Have a look at the Xylog 320, prices start at just over £10,000 plus vat. Our website is being updated this week end to show the new video and spec sheets, or look at youtube xylog 320. Very good quality and a lot of steel, available with optional hydraulic tank and pump, log deck etc. will cut a 320mm log, forward and reverse in feed table, 4 m elevator, 800mm TCT circular saw, 10 tonne splitting ram The cTCT blade is much faster and durable than a harvester or chain saw bar and needs less maintenance . weighs in at 1080 KG.

We had lots folks at the APF come back after look at the competition in this class and then place orders. will also have demo machine on yard to view working in 2-3 weeks time when the first truck load of these new firewood processors come in from France

Home Forestry

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a look at the Xylog 320, prices start at just over £10,000 plus vat. Our website is being updated this week end to show the new video and spec sheets, or look at youtube xylog 320. Very good quality and a lot of steel, available with optional hydraulic tank and pump, log deck etc. will cut a 320mm log, forward and reverse in feed table, 4 m elevator, 800mm TCT circular saw, 10 tonne splitting ram The cTCT blade is much faster and durable than a harvester or chain saw bar and needs less maintenance . weighs in at 1080 KG.

We had lots folks at the APF come back after look at the competition in this class and then place orders. will also have demo machine on yard to view working in 2-3 weeks time when the first truck load of these new firewood processors come in from France

Home Forestry

Missed you completely at the show, shame as it looks a good machine, certainly ticks a lot of my boxes. Does it have a widish mesh below the splitter and before the elevator to separate the crap?. Does the infeed conveyor go backwards if needed?, How do the belts driving the blade install/adjust, the ones on my present machine are a nightmare to change. How much power is needed to drive it?, currently I use an MF135 (40hp when new, so i suppose now its about run in I have about 35 hp on tap), are you happy to do exchange trade ins?, Not in the market for some months but maybe next year.

A

Edited by Alycidon

The Xylog splitting chamber is solid with a flipper plate to discharge any small residues from splitting. the wood chips are thrown back towards the tractor or motor via a chute built into the fram. the infeed and elevator can move in each direction. The logs are held hydraulically as a part of the cutting cycle and the log stop also moves hydraulically on cut. The splitting knive is hydraulically controlled and can be lifted out without any tools. Power required is 50 hp and weight is 1080KG Blade change is simple with a massive side cover access is very easy. Belts are very easy to adjust and change when necessary. The blade has a travel speed adjustment for differing sizes of log. Another excellent product from Rabaud. Get in touch to come and view a demo when you are ready. Nathan

I did have a look at the show layout to see how I missed you. I then found that I did have a brief look at your machines, you were in the middle of the wooded section, I had bad gout that day and those granite cobbles were giving me hell. There did not seem to be anyone about on the stand so I moved on !!. It might be an idea in future to shove a price board on the machine, that should attract a bit more attention from those serious about buying something like a Posch 350 or a Palax 90 but are taken aback by the price. I would find it hard to justify 25k for a machine on the volumes I do at present but 12k might be more realistic especially if there is a trade in deal to be done. There was no details of the feed rack used in teh u tube vid on the manufacturers web site, the one in the vid looked very short and was not power fed. I assume the controls on the machine would allow the use of a powered feed deck, ie a chain conveyor and feed rollers into the machine. I do quite like the look of the feed trailer on the BGU site, think Tajfun do a similar one as well.

A

PS.I watched a vid of the machine on U tube, seems the operator is not to bothered about hearing or his eyes. perhaps thats not required in France.

not sure how we missed you we were flat out with people for 3 days. Our website is nearly updated, as we are still translating it from French, video now on. this product has only just been released for the UK market. there are many different log decks depending on required productivity. As for the French operator on the video, i guess its because he is French, we all know he should have ear and eye PPE. Will have demo machine working full time in 2-3 weeks so you could always come and try it for yourself. much better than a video. If your after more production try the Xylog 400 or if your a massive producer the xylog 700 is amazing with production over 100 tonnes per day.