jacked New Zealand in and gone for Oz

vduben

Used to work for a firm in Brisbane,http://www.arboroperations.com.au/.

Was self employed,made a packet,came home with more money than i arrived with(did spend 4 weeks in Thailand and 3 weeks in Greece before getting there mind you,makes you thirsty all that traveling ;))Hard work in the Sub-Tropical heat,but what does'nt kill you makes you stronger eh?Or some other kak like that.

Were a good bunch when i was there in 2000

Loads of work in Brisburn Ben,they had a big storm there a while back,like matty says post on @~*%$!":# and you'll be abel to work your way round oz.Have you anything sorted yet? i could sort a no out for a guy i used to climb with,who now runs a firm in Brisburn,And another no for a guy in Perth.

if you could pm me the numbers and e-mails that would be great

what are the sort of costs of getting visas, flights, digs ect to get yourself over there if you dont mind me askin?! guessin roughly the same for nz??

air new zealand have got a big kiwi ticket sale on at the moment.(and there planes are new and shiny)

hey vduben, so you've moved over to oz. i spent 2 years climbing in oz and another year in nz. preferred oz for work(but was more experienced by the time i got there) and the money's better. i personally reckon your better staying south for the summer then move north for the winter, stay freelance if you can, apply for an ABN(australian business number) once your visa's come through. i have contacts all up the coast. if your going to brisbane, i worked for a company in byron(hour and a half south) called tallow tree services, got some very good gear, 18" bandit with winch and was talking off buying a small crane when i left. pays $30 an hour (freelance) $35 an hour if you get insurance. also have a few contacts in melbourne(still my favourite spot). one or two in townsville and the ones i had in cairns are liquidated. a friend of mine manages a company in melbourne and says work is drying up, i was talking to him only two weeks ago. so i'm not sure if you'll have as much luck as i did. a good website for work is http://www.arborage.com.au. goodluck it's an adventure