Off work for abit, am i entitled to benefits?

Tree Man Tom

I would assume the system is there to help people like you.

Go ask- it don't cost nowt. No point being proud.

I hope you're not a single mum with six kids from 6 dads:mad1::biggrin:

Thats another propganda campaign, one of those kids might make a fortune in thier lives and send thier kids to good school and solve world hunger or cancer.

so many people from a hard upbringing have made good.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NI is just another income tax with a different name. It all goes into the same pot.

It does, but paying into the pot through that particular stream entitles you to certain things. National Insurance is not just pension, it's our entitlement to healthcare & welfare as well, so paying your NI as a self employed person also means you can rock up at your local hospital when you cut something off and you can get income support while you're at home pissing the wife off.

Income tax is just grabbing a share of our hard earned, 'cuz they can'.... :thumbdown::001_tongue: They don't even pretend to hide it.... even the name is blatant. 'We're going to take money off you purely because you earn it...' Awesome.... :001_rolleyes::lol:

What benefit would you expect to get?

I pay for sickness cover which will pay me a wage if I am unable to work for more than 14 days. I wouldn't expect a benefit from the government

So what about people who have never worked who live on benefits??:confused1:

They have never paid a penny into the system but are still able to claim.

What benefit would you expect to get?

I pay for sickness cover which will pay me a wage if I am unable to work for more than 14 days. I wouldn't expect a benefit from the government

So what about people who have never worked who live on benefits??:confused1:

They have never paid a penny into the system but are still able to claim.

Thats another propganda campaign, one of those kids might make a fortune in thier lives and send thier kids to good school and solve world hunger or cancer.

Interesting thought but I think kids learn by example and if their example is a life on the scrounge then what hope. I guess one or two may rebel though.

Not only that but do they really have a hard upbringing when mum is getting £26K+ per year. Free health care etc etc.

Have you any shining examples?

Interesting thought but I think kids learn by example and if their example is a life on the scrounge then what hope. I guess one or two may rebel though.

Not only that but do they really have a hard upbringing when mum is getting £26K+ per year. Free health care etc etc.

Have you any shining examples?