This little piggie got crushed!!

Gareth jones

I'm writing this from home resting my back for the day after having a small branch that was threading it's way down the canopy from above and got stuck released itself in the wind while I was below it (First day being groundie in weeks too, that's my excuse) I'm usually good at clocking hangers and keeping them in mind until I get the polesaw to dislodge them but today was a lapse.

The butt end hit me like a dart just above my left cheek and hurt like hell, it's feeling better this morning but still hurts to sit down and get up (fine once sat) But I certainly can't climb and even crouching to pick stuff up hurts.

Back injury is not funny, fortunately I've got survey stuff to get on with :pcguru:

It seems you're not the only one off today! To everybody else, stay safe!:thumbup1:

Edited by Ben90
typo

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My wife broke her toe two weeks ago - nothing as dramatic as a collapsed jockey wheel, she kicked the bed :) I've broken most of my toes - the best one was when I was about 14, putting up my foot to stop a roller that was rolling off a transport box on the back of a tractor. Reflex reaction with predictable results...

Hope you mend quickly.

Some years ago I casually pulled out the pole pruner by the cutting end,

stupidly hooked my finger round the anvil hook - youve guessed it, the handle hooked on something and hey presto.

For the sake of spending 1/4 second grabbing it properly I bled for 3 hours and now have no feeling in the end of that finger - for what??

Durrr

I'm writing this from home resting my back for the day after having a small branch that was threading it's way down the canopy from above and got stuck released itself in the wind while I was below it (First day being groundie in weeks too, that's my excuse) I'm usually good at clocking hangers and keeping them in mind until I get the polesaw to dislodge them but today was a lapse.

The butt end hit me like a dart just above my left cheek and hurt like hell, it's feeling better this morning but still hurts to sit down and get up (fine once sat) But I certainly can't climb and even crouching to pick stuff up hurts.

Back injury is not funny, fortunately I've got survey stuff to get on with :pcguru:

It seems you're not the only one off today! To everybody else, stay safe!:thumbup1:

Luckily my toe isnt broken! Just has no skin on... The job we were going to do got canceled as the client double booked us and gas pipe fitting ao we

Are down the yard for the day. Dont feel as bad now..

Didnt lose boss money and my toe is gunna be alright! WIN WIN

Luckily my toe isnt broken! Just has no skin on... The job we were going to do got canceled as the client double booked us and gas pipe fitting ao we

Are down the yard for the day. Dont feel as bad now..

Didnt lose boss money and my toe is gunna be alright! WIN WIN

This morning I was also able to make a winning bid on a secondhand Suunto clinometer on eBay, £140 new but I got this 1970's antique for £25!

Every cloud :thumbup:

Edited by Ben90

Broke my big toe years ago helping a mate fill a skip. It was one of the drop down ramp ones, he was inside undoing the retaining bolt on one side and I walked up to undo the other one. Well there wasn't another one and it came crashing down on my foot:001_rolleyes: Still can't bend it properly!

Bust my big toe a few weeks back,its been a pain since,couldnt walk for a week.

Completely my own fault,dropped a petrol whacker plate on me foot,hiking boots with no toe caps.

It was a nightmare in bed,I ended up cutting the end off a large lemonade bottle to act as a protective sleave at night!Worked a treat.:001_rolleyes::biggrin:

worst thing that hapened to me was whilst i was turning a large bowl at high speed i was polishing the inside and stood up in front of the bowl and it exploded...

broke in to four or five bits which only seemed to hit me and nothing else the largest which comprised of half the bowl weighing nearly a kilo hit me in the gob doing nearly £3000 worth of damage...

to top it off one bit hit me in the knackers at 150mph...

P1040724

worst thing that hapened to me was whilst i was turning a large bowl at high speed i was polishing the inside and stood up in front of the bowl and it exploded...

broke in to four or five bits which only seemed to hit me and nothing else the largest which comprised of half the bowl weighing nearly a kilo hit me in the gob doing nearly £3000 worth of damage...

to top it off one bit hit me in the knackers at 150mph...

P1040724

:scared1:

Okay you win.

I can't even seen the photo but you still win.