I am sooo bored! :(

njc110381

Well after reading over the forum for a couple of days now I spotted this section which I've never noticed before. That then prompted me to have a moan!:laugh1:

I've been off work this week with Labarynthitis... At least I think that's how you spell it? I seem to get it quite a lot for some reason and for those of you who don't know it's an inner ear thing that makes you lose your balance. Sat still I'm fine but turn my head and I instantly feel like I've downed half a bottle of vodka! That pretty much counts out working, driving or doing anything useful!

This is the third day I've been sat here now and the feeling of "oh well, I can sit around for a bit" has turned into "I really need to do something!" :cursing::banghead:

I guess I could try to tidy the workshop but if I fall on something it's going to hurt. I'm really not the sort of person who takes to sitting around doing nothing - I'd go and sit where I do the deer management and watch to see what's about if I could safely get there but I can't! I think without this place I'd be going mad by now.

EDIT... On top of that I get quite bad motion sickness on boats or in busses. Every time my head starts to spin I feel really sick. It's thoroughly rubbish!

Well after reading over the forum for a couple of days now I spotted this section which I've never noticed before. That then prompted me to have a moan!:laugh1:

I've been off work this week with Labarynthitis... At least I think that's how you spell it? I seem to get it quite a lot for some reason and for those of you who don't know it's an inner ear thing that makes you lose your balance. Sat still I'm fine but turn my head and I instantly feel like I've downed half a bottle of vodka! That pretty much counts out working, driving or doing anything useful!

This is the third day I've been sat here now and the feeling of "oh well, I can sit around for a bit" has turned into "I really need to do something!" :cursing::banghead:

I guess I could try to tidy the workshop but if I fall on something it's going to hurt. I'm really not the sort of person who takes to sitting around doing nothing - I'd go and sit where I do the deer management and watch to see what's about if I could safely get there but I can't! I think without this place I'd be going mad by now.

EDIT... On top of that I get quite bad motion sickness on boats or in busses. Every time my head starts to spin I feel really sick. It's thoroughly rubbish!

That sounds a total bummer . Really sorry for you . How long does it last and can you get treatment ?

I've got some pills from the doctor that reduce the effects but it's still far from stable. I've had it last anything from 24 hours to over a week. At least it's not really long term I guess.

The hardest part is that I'm mentally fine, physically fine, just pretty much as if I'm very drunk. Being a manual worker that writes off everything. If I had an office job I would be fine as long as someone could get me there. I'm having to draw my sickpay from my sawbench and splitter fund which is what's bugging me the most!

Sorry to hear you're in the same boat Rob. How long do you recon before you can get back to work?

I was planning to go back today but that's gone out the window, trying to come off the strong painkillers that make you dizzy, I hope to go back tomorrow but we'll see.

Hope you recover soon, I know I hate being off work:biggrin:

Sent from my Galaxy S2

I've been searching pretty hard for some kit I need to buy. There are so many adverts on the internet it can take days to get through them so that's been something to keep me busy. I'm an active person though, I struggle to put my mind to things for too long which is why I do a physical job. I'm bright enough, I just prefer to be doing stuff rather than thinking about it!

I really wish I could knuckle down and study things without getting fed up with it!