The Land Rover Appreciation Group.

John Hancock

The time has come when I need another truck. Not sure at the moment if I need a 110 or 130 double cab. What's people experience with the td5 vs the tdci? My gut feeling is go for the td5 but can't say why, it will be used for towing the chipper/ tipping trailer quotes etc. (My chip truck is a 300tdi I'd like to keep the fleet land rovers).

Cheers Mark

The time has come when I need another truck. Not sure at the moment if I need a 110 or 130 double cab. What's people experience with the td5 vs the tdci? My gut feeling is go for the td5 but can't say why, it will be used for towing the chipper/ tipping trailer quotes etc. (My chip truck is a 300tdi I'd like to keep the fleet land rovers).

Cheers Mark

Hi mark why not just fit a new TD5 engine or is it rusted out thanks TD5 are easy now to work on thanks Jon

My old green 300tdi hicap passed it's MOT yesterday, sailed through but needed a ton of welding that took 2 days to do, need to decide if I get rid or keep it as a stand by truck.

Unfortunately the VNT kit I fitted to the rebuilt landy has failed (oil seal gone) and it now looks like I have a fight on my hands to get it done under warranty.

My old green 300tdi hicap passed it's MOT yesterday, sailed through but needed a ton of welding that took 2 days to do, need to decide if I get rid or keep it as a stand by truck.

Unfortunately the VNT kit I fitted to the rebuilt landy has failed (oil seal gone) and it now looks like I have a fight on my hands to get it done under warranty.

Hi KIETH 2 days of welding mate what was it not just out riggers thanks Jon

Hi KIETH 2 days of welding mate what was it not just out riggers thanks Jon

Out riggers are fine, it was from the drain holes under the cab right back to the axle, and the a bit on the rear cross member.

I am a bit reluctant to get rid of it as it's mechanically very good, but it does bugger all miles a year.