In Desperate times...My Silky saves the day!

silky fox

Hi Paul,

It's taken a couple of days but I've just read right the way through this epic log (no pun intended) of your journey over the past couple of years.

I'm not sure if you received my message via Facebook? It might easily have gone into your 'Other' folder.

I basically just wanted to say thank you, thank you for taking the time to write this thread, thank you for providing an inspirational account of what has seemed like an epic mix of highs and lows over the past couple of years of your life but on a slightly more personal note I wanted to openly say thank you for giving me the confidence to actually do something I've wanted to do for a while but due to my age (38) never thought I'd be able to. That is to start a career in arboriculture and tree works. I have a little experience of ground works but no qualifications and (even though you had qualifications and had worked in the sector for years prior to this thread) reading this thread had shown me that all I needed was a little belief and focus, a belief in myself and something to focus on, the 'end goal' if you like... Now, I'm still not sure what this 'end goal' is but the interim goal is to get my chainsaw tickets and start out on this path that seems to contain the greatest of all people. One of these great people on this here site (not sure it's appropriate to name him without his permission) has kindly offered assistance in the form of work when an extra pair of hands/eyes are required so that's a massive incentive to get my tickets sooner rather than later...

Anyway, I'll not take up anymore of your thread with my waffling.

Thank you once again for being yourself, an inspiration to many I'm sure, a true lover of trees and their majesty, and above all, the legend that is 'The Silky Fox'!