In Desperate times...My Silky saves the day!

silky fox

I have been through the books all my working life...that's how i like it:)...i had to get away from working in London City...bad working conditions and very bad practices...so i left myself without a job:(...because of my thread and the fact that i hace a lot of determination i have moved away from those problems and into a better place but i still have no full time job near where i live...until that happens i shall continue to work self employed:D

silky, are you always on your bike? I reckon you were lucky not to get pulled having a chainsaw on the rack, keep it covered is a best bet.

or have you got a truck? I know the best bargains and excellent mpg.

I didn't know it was against the law to cover a saw in public or is just best practice. I suppose people call it a dangerous weapon,what is this country coming too

I didn't know it was against the law to cover a saw in public or is just best practice. I suppose people call it a dangerous weapon,what is this country coming too

there was a thread about a lad, whose brother borrowed his car, in the boot was a chainsaw, silkys and other bits.

Police pulled the driver, looked in the boot and siezed the lot.

I think its just best practice to keep it covered, bag it or lock it up - my worry for silky fox is if some nutter took a fancy to it.

I don't see the issue, the bar is covered, end of problem. It's not an offensive weapon, it is a tool of the trade, and if the police were to stop him and go through his bags they would find the rest of his kit. I have been in a vehicle stopped for routine checks, had a knife larger than legal on my belt, in a sheath, I have told the officer of this and he just shrugged and told me it was a tool of the trade, didn't bat an eyelid. It might be different if I went into a nightclub, but I wasn't. I have taken saws on a train before now, Ive taken them into pubs, never had any problems. Some make more of a fuss than necessary. The harder you attempt to conceal, the more of a criminal you look.

Wherever i go i always carry this card that has all my unit numbers qualifications etc...it,a all up to present date ..All the clues are there that would suggest that i am Proffessional chainsaw opperative:thumbup1: plus climbing kit in my panniers is also a giveaway. i always come across every bit an Arborist whether i am on my bike or driving a 7.5 tonner with Chipper!...it,s all good for the travelling Arborist:001_tt2:

5976618eb39e2_Chainsawticket003.jpg.cf7dc16f25ebbac1cdff1870a7b07732.jpg