In Desperate times...My Silky saves the day!

silky fox

Great seeing all my relatives over Xmas and New Year but with a couple people of them having some kind of bug I wasn't going to escape it ...Nevertheless my enthusiasm for a good start to 2020 kept me motoring through the several days of illness.Even kept me awake when I would normally be sleeping.The weight of the 300S lithium battery for my E-Saw was weighing heavy on my mind.For a couple of days in fact.So much so that I was in two minds wether or not to replace it with the lighter(only by 100g) according to the Stihl technical guy I spoke to on the helpline.With only an extra 12 minutes run time over the standard 300.So I drove back to Gustharts in the very early hours.So early that I had to wait until they opened.It,s only about 25 minutes down the motorway from me and it was such a beautiful morning with a huge Moon to look at while I was waiting to speak to Phil there.

20200110_220918.jpg

Whilst I was there I added a couple of more items to my climbing kit.This could possibly be my last ever blue tongue.I,ve had a few but I just love it.I am going to put together my first SRT system soon but until then I shall continue to enjoy my very familiar ZigZag set up...

20200107_211313.jpg

• Like 1

My Second bridge will be adjustable and have this Hydra on it.I have always embraced all the new inovations in climbing technology over the years.As much as I am super comfortable and very capable with just a Prussick I want my harness to be versatile and offer me different options for the rapidly changing world of tree climbing (For better or worse)

20200110_101256.jpg

• Like 1

So to get back to yesterday.As this is going to be they ear in which I push myself the hardest to move up the ladder...or rope ..or whatever and attended an IPAF Course.I,ve cut from a basket on a few occasions.Even dismantled a couple of large trees from one but I have always wanted to get my ticket to be able to operate a MEWP too.I really enjoy being in the tree to do the work but in my quest for self- improvement and to get another string to my bow.

20200114_135037.jpg

• Like 2