In Desperate times...My Silky saves the day!

silky fox

Good morning Al....Gray Git is the man to answer that...probably along soon. Yeah the only manpower used on this job was the rigging and chipping....the platform did the rest...then the Cedar involved only a small ammount on maual handling...just some sneeding and chipping..Machines can improve efficiency so well.

1397891121317.jpg.3735c229369c311535e38c53a4dc746d.jpg

Your welcome Paul it's always nice to work with people who share the enthusiasm for the job.

You certainly have a knack for getting good pictures :thumbup:

Before the chestnut was stripped it had far too much wate back over the buildings to be felled even with the help of the mighty rb44.

Quoting my kiwi friend "give a lazy man a hard job and he will find a easy way to do it!" mine is hydraulic power ;-)

sent while pretending to do something important on my mobile.

Think we have made the biggest change to it but hopefully it means it can remain part of the landscape and promote some replanting.

Thanks for the use of the valtra, made shifting the 10 - 15 ton of timber a lot easier, don't think the job would have been feasible if we'd had to carve it all up into manhandled bits and cart it off in trailers.

Hope you have room for all that timber in your yard, shame most of it is too full of cracks, shake and decay to be milled but will make some nice smelling logs.

sent while pretending to do something important on my mobile.

Good morning Al....Gray Git is the man to answer that...probably along soon. Yeah the only manpower used on this job was the rigging and chipping....the platform did the rest...then the Cedar involved only a small ammount on maual handling...just some sneeding and chipping..Machines can improve efficiency so well.

Oh for gods sake Silky, don't mention things like! Next thing we know Al will be getting an Avant or Boxer, just to heckle me!

:lol::lol: