Council slapping tpo on tree's

treeracer25

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huck, on the "health care professionals do not choose who lives/dies" theme, that may not be 100% true. A person of more senior years for example, would not have received the same treatment I received, as they would not be deemed as likely to survive. They would have received care more suited to their age, even if it were palliative care only. So yes someone would have to make that call.

Do they? My vet offers a professional opinion and I as the client decide what I will allow, if I decide dead he makes dead, if I decide live he does as I wish.

In response to "decide who are fit to live and who are not" I believe they do. They might not make a decision on the action taken, but they make the medical decision as to which animals are fit to live based on their expertise and training.

My last example was not great.

I'm trying to weigh the short term gain of some individual ...say... property developer.

Against the long term investment of people bringing up their kids in a leafy street.

You have a legal position and a moral one. Sometimes the law is an ass.

Then you have a dilemma regarding info gained through client trust.

I am really struggling with what I would do if I know that someone is going to reduce the quality of life of the community as a whole in the long term, for personal short term gain.

Edited by Albedo
Typos caused by spell check p'ing me off

I am really struggling with what I would do if I know that someone is going to reduce the quality of life of the community as a whole in the long term, for personal short term gain.

No two situations will be identical, so I don't think you can predict what the right answer would be in general terms.

If you genuinely believe that the choices you make are the right ones, it would be hard to criticise.

What should I do, in my capacity as a purveyor of second hand chippers, if a chap comes to me and tells me in confidence that the machine he has for sale is stolen from you?

That's an Aunt Sally argument. There's a difference between legally felling a tree without a TPO and selling a chipper that's been stolen.

That's an Aunt Sally argument. There's a difference between legally felling a tree without a TPO and selling a chipper that's been stolen.

I would love to change my user name to 'Aunt Sally' but the last change is still ongoing after about 2 years so don't hold yer breath mate:001_smile:

In response to "decide who are fit to live and who are not" I believe they do. They might not make a decision on the action taken, but they make the medical decision as to which animals are fit to live based on their expertise and training.

With vets, they're more likely to decide your animal is fit to live if you have good insurance and pay them well. Money is more important than expertise and training. The most highly qualified vet with years of experience, who is perfectly capable of saving your precious little cat, won't save it unless he is financially rewarded for doing do.