Petzl Vizir

Arran Turner

Been looking at the petzl vizir (face shield), I wear my oakleys alot and often find myself with my mesh visor up and just glasses on which is okay but they still fall off my fat head at times/steam up and now are scratched to hell, my main concern with the Vizir is what is it going to be like when scrambling through dense conifers and stuff like that, will it scratch up easy and then become useless, just wondering what other peoples opinions are even if they have the stein equivelent :thumbup: I know that i will have to take more care putting my helmet in my kitbag and will use a cloth helmetbag that you use on motocycle helmets.

VIZIR | Petzl

I think they look cool too :001_rolleyes:

Arran

they're handy on those windy days on section fells when your sawdust filled eyes feel like they are full of porridge the next morning. They scratch up VERY easily, just stick a new one on every 6 months, it won't break the piggy bank.

Sounds good to me and I had something in one eye for two days last week, not cool. Im trying to work out if they will fit my helmet though I have a 2003 Vertex Vent ( Bought in 2011) from stantons but I have a feeling they will only fit newer models and the petzl website confuses my brain!!

Arran

stantons are knocking out Stein plasmas with muffs and visor for about £55 mate...but only in blue...the clear visor fits in under the mesh visor and a a bit extra - £15 I think. I find the helmet gives me a sweaty head..too much foam inside it. Both of my sons wear them and like them though.

I've had one for just under a year now mate and it's brilliant. I just got so angry with safety glasses steaming up but this is ace. If i'm doing reductions or going through dense treework/hedges then I won't bother with a mesh visor at all as the vizir is great on it's own. I won't go back to specs now. I'm in a vertex vent 2011 with MSA sordin ear muffs/mesh visor and it fits under them no problem. There should be two small holes in the helmet just in front of where your ears are under it, this is where the vizir screws in. I've not used a stein one so can't comment on the comparison!

Had a rummage and found the blurb about the helmet, vizir is compatible with 2011 vertex and alveo helmets onwards. Anything before that and it won't retro fit it, sorry bud, new lid for you! (this is where one of the shops comes in makes you a cracking deal on a new lid with vizir etc....) :thumbup:

Had a rummage and found the blurb about the helmet, vizir is compatible with 2011 vertex and alveo helmets onwards. Anything before that and it won't retro fit it, sorry bud, new lid for you! (this is where one of the shops comes in makes you a cracking deal on a new lid with vizir etc....) :thumbup:

Well we have the vizir and petzls in stock so I'm sure I can sort something out.:001_smile:

Petzl Vizir - Eye protection - Clothing & PPE

I have never used the vizir but I'm going to keep one handy for those "wind in your face no matter which way you turn, choggy beech stems."!

Just out of interst if they do scratch up, or any other type of eye protection over time it might be worth trying some polish, you can buy it quite cheap for removing scratches from mobile phone screens etc. I've tried some called displex on my phone screens in the past and it worked really well.:

Only use it on the outside though as it will remove any anti fog coating etc.

Edited by Mark_Skyland