The OOOPS thread - don't be shy

Chris Sheppard

Feel free to add your own photos as and when :001_smile:

We've been skidding out the last of some sycamore on a steep site this week. It's gone fairly well but had it's ups and downs :lol:

This happened a couple of days ago - was wandering back up and nattering to Joe and turned around to just see it start to go and driver get clear as it was going.

From it happening to getting back to work was about an hour - only took a few min to get it back upright but wanted to make sure all the oil was where it was meant to be before starting it back up.

We're still not quite sure why it started to go over - it did though and luckily no one hurt and the only casualty on the tractor was the wing mirror lense.

WP_000251.jpg.253ce804a5db15d05090458d48a180b3.jpg

WP_000248.jpg.388af36252997bbff10f95f2011f694a.jpg

WP_000247.jpg.e662db5fb49f6792c01764f05f214a61.jpg

WP_000244.jpg.21363ad6306147ac6777b1f878b7f19e.jpg

WP_000243.jpg.057fa032d2a402e961d81ae28605df36.jpg

Edited by Chris Sheppard

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job no one was hurt. it's something that happens I've come close to tipping a tractor myself.

I give you this picture. I wasn't driving but was on site. 1010 tipped over the nose fell down a hole left by stump harvesting.

Second one was me. Larch extraction it had been raining for a few day and some good winds the day before. The weight of the forward dislodged the root plate and over the tree came hit the cab and then took off the oil filer on the crane and broke the rear lights.

DSC_0529.jpg.7f1f0a1b07529efbb3cfd9b0e2306a7e.jpg

IMG_3135.jpg.ae7b8424afa4290cc9568b808f9fcf38.jpg

Is the bank steeper than it looks on the photo, Seems strange for the tractor to tip on a slight slope. Strange one that:confused1:

It wasn't steep on that bit as we were on the track - a few stumps but now much. Think it was a combination of a few things.

I give you this picture. I wasn't driving but was on site. 1010 tipped over the nose fell down a hole left by stump harvesting.

Second one was me. Larch extraction it had been raining for a few day and some good winds the day before. The weight of the forward dislodged the root plate and over the tree came hit the cab and then took off the oil filer on the crane and broke the rear lights.

That 1010 looks interesting.

Bet that larch made you jump :001_smile:

did tip a timber trailer over once right enough :lol: no pics though

Done that a few times too - usually managed to put it right with the crane and a ratchet strap off a stump.

Dad did once lose a wheel off the old carraro (sheared studs) and the County used to cock a leg well on full reach but no pics.

That 1010 looks interesting.

Bet that larch made you jump :001_smile:

Yea it's a date will be etched into mind forever. Took a little while for it to sink it tried to lift the tree of the filter but that made it worse. Ended up having to cut my way out. Then had a sit down with quite a sicky feeling.

1. an oak that was too unstable to rig, this lump was MEWP'd off and rolled down a bank wiping out a newly restored wall...oops!

2. Wet road, rushing to get on site and the biggest ditch in Essex

3....Well the customer went out and I was pushing ballistic nylon....:blushing:

arb-bog.jpg.a581edaad4cb156ce56bbb36c1c377cf.jpg

59766151495b9_landyditch.jpg.3d5cb0e12daa0281b38e47072e139697.jpg

5976615146faf_wallstrike2.jpg.65c7ea305cc7a377704b07e0216c760a.jpg