Live in position France

Milly

Fed up working in the rat race want a change, we are looking for a full time live in forester / gardner / handy man to work at at our small chateau in the Loir Vally France.

The ideal candidate must be confident and happy to work alone, there is no gardening team just YOU and your ipod !

You will be employed by our U.K company and be paid in sterling.The job comes with a good salary package excellent accommodation we even have sky tv ;-)

You will have your own large double bedroom in the staff block which has all mod cons and wood burner.

Please note this is a rural location thus if you don't like living in the country side then don't apply.

The chateau has a 10 acre forest and 15 acres of parkland. We have two new STIHL saws MS250 and a MS660 but you will need your own climbing gear. Minimum contract term 3 months maximum contract as long as you like !

Ideal job for some one looking to get paid saw time under their belt.

Please note we are unable to accept applicants with pets, however family or GF are welcome to come and visit.

James

For more information PM me or email [email protected]

Hello,

This is a dream job for many...

However, its full of obstacles unseen.

Your tax residency is determined by how many days you live in France, a mere 180 days but you will certainly get away with longer...much longer.

Be aware though.

Your health care, insurance in case of accident etc all depend on your residency status.

In the case of an accident (who is to say...?) the Gendarmes are involved always and awkward questions will be asked and your and your employer may be hauled through the coals in a way that makes the British HSE and the East German Stazi look like a village knitting circle.

You should still be paying you N.I stamp in the U.K and being taxed either in the U.K or in France.

If there is no tax being payed during your 180days then you are in the mire.

After that the tax is due to France and if they get wind of this then every-one is in out of the more and into the foresty shredder.

U.K companies often offer to pay guardians of properties overseas duping the guardian into a position of false financial security.

Take this position at your own risk, your employer is not telling you the whole story.

You would be working 'on the black' as they say here.

I'm not telling fibs, just ask at your local tax office first.

Ty

p.s

Its like being in a prison, on call 24/7 for spoilt rich people who have the power to defaecate on you then terminate your non existant contract overnight, so go legal, get paid in Euros and get a Contract Duree Indetermine. or unlimited contract.

Best of luck

Ty

Sounds idylic but Lone chainsaw /forestry work is not a great idea, insurance would be invalid if an accident occured. From our experience of working in France H & S was almost non existant, even though employed by a uk based company.

Hello,

This is a dream job for many...

However, its full of obstacles unseen.

Your tax residency is determined by how many days you live in France, a mere 180 days but you will certainly get away with longer...much longer.

Be aware though.

Your health care, insurance in case of accident etc all depend on your residency status.

In the case of an accident (who is to say...?) the Gendarmes are involved always and awkward questions will be asked and your and your employer may be hauled through the coals in a way that makes the British HSE and the East German Stazi look like a village knitting circle.

You should still be paying you N.I stamp in the U.K and being taxed either in the U.K or in France.

If there is no tax being payed during your 180days then you are in the mire.

After that the tax is due to France and if they get wind of this then every-one is in out of the more and into the foresty shredder.

U.K companies often offer to pay guardians of properties overseas duping the guardian into a position of false financial security.

Take this position at your own risk, your employer is not telling you the whole story.

You would be working 'on the black' as they say here.

I'm not telling fibs, just ask at your local tax office first.

Ty

p.s

Its like being in a prison, on call 24/7 for spoilt rich people who have the power to defaecate on you then terminate your non existant contract overnight, so go legal, get paid in Euros and get a Contract Duree Indetermine. or unlimited contract.

Best of luck

Ty

Sorry but that is wrong, we employ our staff via our UK company and they are seconded out to France thus the 180 days does not come in to play. I may suggest you do more research in to employment law before posting.We certainly did before we opened our centre in France.

You pay tax and NI in the UK your salary is paid directly in to your UK acc.

The current guy is leaving because the life is to quiet for him, hence the reason I have stated we are in a very rural location.

Its fixed working week and fixed hours so your post is rather off key. If you are interested in the position please PM me and you can correspond with the current chap as he is a member of this forum.

Edited by Milly

Hi there I am the current groundsman at Chateau Milly. The only reason i am leaving is that its a bit quiet for me. It is nothing like a 'prison' and the owners are great people to work for, very laid back, no pressure or anyone breathing down your neck. Excellent accommodation and all other members of staff v friendly.