adjustable cambium saver kit?

Chewbaccy

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey chewy, getting that ring spliced on will make it retrieve a heap better-the know may get it jammed up otherwise. you could however knot it and then tape it like crazy to ensure a smoother transition

Also the smaller ring don't go through to bigger ring, how would I install and retrieve?

Your rope goes through both rings, the small ring first, to retrieve you normally attach a small ball to the end of your line, it passes through the larger ring, but not the smaller one, so the CS is pulled out of the tree with your line.

Also the smaller ring don't go through to bigger ring, how would I install and retrieve?

It isnt supposed to go through it. You use it as a normal cambium saver installed in exactly the same way & retrieved the same way as long as you install the rope through the small ring 1st

Firstly I need to point out that the heading of this thread “Stein adjustable cambium saver kit” is wrong and mis-leading.

STEIN has nothing to do with the assembly of this kit other than the fact some of the components used in the kit are from STEIN.

The description on our website reads as below with no mention of STEIN:

Adjustable cambium saver kit

Self assembly 5 meter adjustable cambium saver, kit enables you to construct your own adjustable anchor point for use in tree climbing. It is now recommended to back up your steel core lanyard by install a choke able anchor for your climbing line when working on a stem. With minimal effort this kit enables you to construct your own adjustable anchor from recognised PPE equipment saving you money on pre assembled products.

I have posted a picture of a possible assembly but this must not be taken as instructional. This kit has been based on the Multisaver and can be adapted to suit your climbing needs.

If it was to be sold as an assembly it would need it's own CE mark, this would put some serious extra ££'s on the item.

:001_smile:

adjustable_cambium.jpg.dd1065154d3daff96b5a980752c24758.jpg

I'm new to this climbing malarkey,made a little mistake, relax!

I just wanted a little help.:blushing:

thanks for the initial replies,

Richie Rich is going to splice on the rings for me he's local.

probably do the same as that lovely picture above!

or should i put a large ring on the prussic?

STEIN! STEIN! STEIN!:laugh1:

splice the big ring onto the main rope and small ring onto the end of it. use the other big ring on the smaller prussic (wouldnt bother splicing it). this will enable you to use 2 anchor points with the piece of equipment..

hope that helps